sequoia

Who makes single camera w/web server & dynamic dns?

I want to monitor my ranch and only have a slow DSL line there with a dynamic IP.

Is there anyone that makes an inexpensive camera that includes a web server and supports dynamic dns? I don't need PTZ, just a basic camera that I can access on-demand.

Thanks!

ak357 has some spiffy little cameras that connect out to a central server and allow you to access through that, so there's no need to mess with firewalls and port forwarding, and no need for DDNS.

I want to monitor my ranch and only have a slow DSL line there with a dynamic IP.

Is there anyone that makes an inexpensive camera that includes a web server and supports dynamic dns? I don't need PTZ, just a basic camera that I can access on-demand.

Thanks!

have a look please

http://members.shaw.ca/ak357/

any ??? sent me PM

Shouldn't these look better even for a low bandwidth stream? I'm not sure the images are acceptable for the picture size.

Let me clear few points

u are looking at public demo around the world

I have no control whatsoever

camera could be set up

for 160x120 or 320x240 or 640x480 by owner

and bandwith from 64K ---1.5Mb

I guess i can add buttons to resize ActiveX on fly to match resolution of the camera

I guess i can add buttons to resize ActiveX on fly to match resolution of the camera

That would be pretty cool! Or maybe a simple note on the side of what resolution they are steaming at so people that don't know these are low res streams wouldn't have to wonder if they are poor performing cams.

Thank you for the responses.

The Axis device doesn't appear to be workable as I read the manual and didn't see any support for dynamic dns.

The ak357 was confusing-- saw the camera demo but a google search didn't reveal anything about the company, how to contact or order, pricing, etc.

And, the xnet looks interesting and does support dynamic dns. But, like the above, a google search didn't reveal any way to purchase or learn pricing.

Does anyone know how to get more info on the xnet video server, or, are there any other single camera alternatives that would support dynamic dns? I don't have a dvr at the location to be monitored ...

for the CNB product, check the CCTV stores that sell CNB products, there are many that sell them now, not sure about the video server though.

Check out StarDot Technologies' IP cameras. They have support for tzo.com and dyndns.com.

I have three of their Express6 servers and the tzo.com support has been flawless.

Thank you for the responses.

The Axis device doesn't appear to be workable as I read the manual and didn't see any support for dynamic dns.

????? Axis has there own FREE DNS service..... I have used it. That encoder is perfect for your needs $299 H.264 and DNS support.

"AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service - Use the AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service to assign a host name for easy access to

your video encoder. Click Settings... to register the video encoder with the AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS Service, or to modify

the existing settings (requires access to the Internet). The domain name currently registered at the AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS

Service for your product can at any time be removed.

The Control button (see page 5) can be used to register, or update, the video encoder with the AXIS Internet Dynamic DNS

Service:

1. Connect the product to the local network. Wait for the Status LED indicator to show a steady green.

2. Press the Control button once. The Status LED indicator will flash green while the product connects to the AXIS

Internet Dynamic DNS Service.

3. Wait for the Status indicator to show a steady green. If the Status indicator flashes red for 10 seconds, the

product cannot access the DNS Service and the IP address must be set using an alternative method (see the

product’s Installation Guide).

4. Visit www.axiscam.net to complete the process. This must be done within 60 minutes of pressing the button.

For more information, please refer to the online help and www.axiscam.

page 29 in the manual

Is there anyone that makes an inexpensive camera that includes a web server and supports dynamic dns?

Axis cameras support these features.

Best,

Christopher