G22

Splitting signal for reception to view

We currently have a PC Based GV800 setup in the office. There is only 1 cam setup currently, but will be adding 3 more eventually.

I currently view video remotely with a Startech KVM Switch (in the server room where DVR located) and a Remote Console Extender via CAT5 in my room. The picture quality is not the greatest, but it is good enough. The odd time I use the web interface in the office, but rarely, since I want to minimize LAN usage for CCTV viewing.

I want to be able to split the 4 incoming video cables right before going into the DVR card, and run them down to a quad monitor at reception which is about 80 feet away after going through the walls and such.

Would I just use simple 4 x BNC T-Connectors that come with older Network Cards (have plenty laying around from the day), or is something else required like an signal amplifier of some sort?

Thx.

I might consider adding a 2nd dedicated quad monitor in my room as well, instead of switching back and forth via the KVM switch. In that case, I guess I will have to look at amplifiers for sure. Thx.

you may want to look at the DSP RTC card option, the reason is that two quads would cost the same plus less cables, you can simply run one cable with the muxed DSP signal and no need for quads then.

the Divar from Bosch has a cabled keyboard controller for long distances and because the output is analogue, this makes it a good option

you may want to look at the DSP RTC card option, the reason is that two quads would cost the same plus less cables, you can simply run one cable with the muxed DSP signal and no need for quads then.

the Divar from Bosch has a cabled keyboard controller for long distances and because the output is analogue, this makes it a good option

Aside from using the GEO Real-Time Display Card, baluns with 4 separate coax, T-Connectors... what are other options? A MUX or Dist. Amplifier? I would have up to 4 camera inputs and 2 monitors. If a MUX or Amp, what kind would I need? In that case, I can just get Monitors with single BNC inputs? I want to get the clearest possible unmolested picture w/o having to go through the PC first. Thx.

Here be my pretty diagram of what i would like to do. Don't laugh, only took less than a min in MS Paint.

Just looking at that, I am assuming it won't work with an amp because each input on the GEO card would have 4 images displayed?

Ok, what bout dis one below...

Edited by Guest

You'd have to invest in a good Mux, as the cheap ones (OEMs) arent that great a picture. An example of a good mux would be something from Kalatel.

A cheap one would be from Provideo.

why not use a switcher that loops instead of a mux, it will be cheaper, or insert the geo real time card, you usually get two monitor outputs from a switcher anyhow... sides an amp is not a mux, be wary of that

why not use a switcher that loops instead of a mux, it will be cheaper, or insert the geo real time card, you usually get two monitor outputs from a switcher anyhow... sides an amp is not a mux, be wary of that

What kind of switcher would I need? Any links?

We currently have a PC Based GV800 setup in the office. There is only 1 cam setup currently, but will be adding 3 more eventually.

I currently view video remotely with a Startech KVM Switch (in the server room where DVR located) and a Remote Console Extender via CAT5 in my room. The picture quality is not the greatest, but it is good enough. The odd time I use the web interface in the office, but rarely, since I want to minimize LAN usage for CCTV viewing.

I want to be able to split the 4 incoming video cables right before going into the DVR card, and run them down to a quad monitor at reception which is about 80 feet away after going through the walls and such.

Would I just use simple 4 x BNC T-Connectors that come with older Network Cards (have plenty laying around from the day), or is something else required like an signal amplifier of some sort?

Thx.

Simply by some T-connects at Radio shack...about 5 bucks each...