koolmer

DVR Software on multiple screens in 1080p

Ok I had actually decided to take the Netvision Software, as it says that it supports dual monitors and 1080p. However the dual monitor feature is very limited.

Basically I would have to have two screens in 1024x768, configure them as a single desktop and then I would have an effective resolution of 2048x768. This is NOT what I was looking for.

I need two screens on one computer with each screen having a resolution os 1080p. Does anyone know another Software I can try?

koolmer

DVI set for 1920 X 1080

second DVI or VGA set for same res

clone and u have the same pix on both monitors

do it all the time

Putting 4 computers with 4 cards is something I have thought about, but the problems with that is that controlling and switching cameras is much harder and you are stuck with your 16 cameras on that screen.

Originally I wanted to have 1 computer with 4 screens, but it seems that there is no Software supporting that. I was hoping that there is at least a Software that support 2 screens in 1080p.

I personally don't think that it is a good solution to put 4 computers with each one screen. Any other ideas?

P.S. I don't know how many frames Exacq supports, but Exacq is not an option, as a fitting DVR for my 50 cameras is over 22.000 USD.

koolmer

Well if you want to have a good realtime/fullmotion preview that normally is done by DSP/Direct Draw Overlay and that is usually supported only on the main monitor when you have more then 1 monitor except if you have a clone which will not be anypoint for you.

Also there is a possiblillity to build a matrix eller TV-Vegg.

JD

Hi!

Let me see if I can come up with a solution for you, but I need some answares

1. There is 50 cameras, any future expansions you need to take in to consideration?

2. What is you requirements for recording what resolution and at what frame rate?

3. Distance from PC to monitors

JD

I think LuxRiot would work on multiple monitors since it can render video using DirectX and not just overlay. I know you can open multiple instances of the client so you should be able to move an instance to another monitor.

Ok I had actually decided to take the Netvision Software, as it says that it supports dual monitors and 1080p. However the dual monitor feature is very limited.

Basically I would have to have two screens in 1024x768, configure them as a single desktop and then I would have an effective resolution of 2048x768. This is NOT what I was looking for.

I need two screens on one computer with each screen having a resolution os 1080p. Does anyone know another Software I can try?

koolmer

You will not get preview on both! On the main monitor (DSP monitor) will have preview and the other can have playback or, setup.

JD

Why not? For Netvision DVR, you can set the monitors as 1920*1080 and the total will be 3840*1080. However, it works as a single one. But you can get preview on both! Remember the view modes on main monitor should be less than your total camera numbers so that the ones that can't be shown on main monitor will be shown on the second one. That's to say, the pictures on the monitors are not the same. And when you enter setup or playback, all your preview cameras will be shown on the second monitor automatically.

Besides, matrix card can be a good consideration.

koolmer

You will not get preview on both! On the main monitor (DSP monitor) will have preview and the other can have playback or, setup.

JD

Why not? For Netvision DVR, you can set the monitors as 1920*1080 and the total will be 3840*1080. However, it works as a single one. But you can get preview on both! Remember the view modes on main monitor should be less than your total camera numbers so that the ones that can't be shown on main monitor will be shown on the second one. That's to say, the pictures on the monitors are not the same. And when you enter setup or playback, all your preview cameras will be shown on the second monitor automatically.

Wait... this actually does work? Why is it not mentioned in the manual?! In the manual it is saying that you should use 1024x768 on both screens and then you will have the resolution of 2048x768. I thought it was limited to this resolution, but when I think about it now it didn't specifically say that you cannot choose a higher resolution. Unfortunately I don't have the cards, the software and the screens yet. Is anyone able to try this out?

And what matrix card are you talking about? I have heard of matrix cards, but don't understand what they do.

koolmer

P.S. LuxRiot seems to be good, but doesn't support Hikvision and Hikvision has real good performance at a good price.

The matrix card I mentioned is also Hikvision card. There are two kinds: 4002MD and 4004MD. They are used to decode data from compression cards and IP devices except mega cameras. You can use them to playback your decode data to TV monitor. And you can connect several screens according to your cards and your VGA ports.

By the way, if you have any problems about our software, you can contact me. There are many small functions we don't make details in the manual, sorry.

koolmer

JD

Are you sure what you say is correct? Would you bet your noodle soup on it?

JD

koolmer

JD

Wait... this actually does work? Why is it not mentioned in the manual?! In the manual it is saying that you should use 1024x768 on both screens and then you will have the resolution of 2048x768. I thought it was limited to this resolution, but when I think about it now it didn't specifically say that you cannot choose a higher resolution. Unfortunately I don't have the cards, the software and the screens yet. Is anyone able to try this out?

And what matrix card are you talking about? I have heard of matrix cards, but don't understand what they do.

koolmer

P.S. LuxRiot seems to be good, but doesn't support Hikvision and Hikvision has real good performance at a good price.

You bought already Koolmer? Because I want to see this first, but if it works it is great news in fact!

So sad I am not in office for a few days, since I want to test this, because I want to test this! I seen playback UI opens in second screen, but never preview because the DSP/Direct draw overlay usually just work on the main monitor when you have two monitors, but it would be freat if this works, then I can sell more monitors!

JD

koolmer

JD

koolmer

You bought already Koolmer? Because I want to see this first, but if it works it is great news in fact!

So sad I am not in office for a few days, since I want to test this, because I want to test this! I seen playback UI opens in second screen, but never preview because the DSP/Direct draw overlay usually just work on the main monitor when you have two monitors, but it would be freat if this works, then I can sell more monitors!

JD

I should get the proforma from Netvision today, then it will be paid in the next 1-2 weeks and then I will try it out immediately. If anyone else is able to do a similar setup, please do and let us know if this is actually working.

koolmer

Hi Koolmer, AKxxx, Kaili!

Looks like I owe you a noodle soup Kaili/William, so I better drop by and treat you, will and Mel with lunch!

I am pretty happy this can be done, because new things opens up!

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

BR

JD

Looks like I owe you a noodle soup Kaili/William, so I better drop by and treat you, will and Mel with lunch!

JD

JD are you saying that cloning displays will work ?

JD

Not cloning! Extending, but now we are trying to figure out if it will work on 1920x1080 * 2 or if it is only in 1024x768 * 2.

So if have 2 monitors and setup graphic cards setup to extend the monitor size to 2048x768 you will get something like this: DualMonitor.jpg

But I can not confirm this to work in 2 X 1080P yet! I ordere a new 24" LCD right now to test!

Then you will have camera 1-4 on M1 and 5 - 8 on M2, offcourse you can also have cam 1 - 16 on M1 and cam 17 - 32 on M2 depending on your chanel viewing setup!

JS

JD

Not cloning! Extending, but now we are trying to figure out if it will work on 1920x1080 * 2 or if it is only in 1024x768 * 2.

So if have 2 monitors and setup graphic cards setup to extend the monitor size to 2048x768 you will get something like this: DualMonitor.jpg

But I can not confirm this to work in 2 X 1080P yet! I ordere a new 24" LCD right now to test!

Then you will have camera 1-4 on M1 and 5 - 8 on M2, offcourse you can also have cam 1 - 16 on M1 and cam 17 - 32 on M2 depending on your chanel viewing setup!

JS

ok

I guess i never try this

hmm have try one day

on another hand nobody ask me

keep us posted plz

thx

Hi!

In fact there have been many Geovision setups I delivered with Dual Monitors setup, but due DSP/Overlay function have never gotten more then 1 monitor to preview in Full motion!

That said Playback etc have been done on monitor NR 2!

JD

Hi!

In fact there have been many Geovision setups I delivered with Dual Monitors setup, but due DSP/Overlay function have never gotten more then 1 monitor to preview in Full motion!

JD

Have you tried the Svideo out from the video card?

I had CCTV CRT monitors working like that. Much better quality than the LCD monitor, especially for playback. So yes I had both the LCD and the CRT Monitor viewing the same thing. Its been a while but it was using an ATI card and I just cloned it.

Hi!

JD

Have you tried the Svideo out from the video card?

I had CCTV CRT monitors working like that. Much better quality than the LCD monitor, especially for playback. So yes I had both the LCD and the CRT Monitor viewing the same thing. Its been a while but it was using an ATI card and I just cloned it.

Well this is not really about showing the same thing, but showing camera 1-16 for instance on monitor 1 and then camera 17 - 32 on the monitor 2.

But for instance had a reatial shop installation where had 16 cameras of a total 48 shown at all cash registers and also in the office. Then there is just showing live feed at the casj register and playback in the backroom.

Because what is interesting here is that 16channels on 1 monitor it is pretty small images already so when extending the system more to 32/48 or 64 channels the preview is even smaller. So by adding an extra monitor you can make this a bit better.

Rory you also asked for a 32 channel setup somewhere? I put one example here, but as you said it is getting harder and harder to find good ones!

32ch.jpg

JD

JD

JD ? For you

Which IP cams u selling with your card as Hybrid solutions ?

I would assume HIK ?

You can continue assuming since you are right!

But offcourse there is some other intresting brands as well.

I will do some testing with different brands around Christmas when things usually slows down a bit. So can see what cams are out there and also what they can deliver. I also do shop from a large OEM manufactor that do delivers too many large companies that provides me with CMS/NVR software, but it isnt compatiable with N/Hik software!

JD

You can continue assuming since you are right!

But offcourse there is some other intresting brands as well.

I will do some testing with different brands around Christmas when things usually slows down a bit. So can see what cams are out there and also what they can deliver. I also do shop from a large OEM manufactor that do delivers too many large companies that provides me with CMS/NVR software, but it isnt compatiable with N/Hik software!

JD

I do kinda the same

As I mention before got few demo clips

and cant believe what I am seeing ( way to nice)

trying to "prove" its all BS

but after live demo provided by company start to doubt

may be its true

I dont mind to talk to you if possible

sent me PM with ph number

hope we can talk

Thx

P.S. You are in Norway

what are u doing its 6 AM ?

Do u sleep ?

There is true multiple monitor support and what I prefer to call fake multiple monitor support.

True requires DirectX (or similar renderer) and outputs through one or more video cards. The advantage is the video can be controlled via software, that is you don't need to rearrange cables or configure a matrix controller, which should also mean reduced insertion loss. Another advantage is the monitor can use a digital connection like DVI or HDMI which is important when trying to maintain detail. The disadvantage is the software is more complex and requires more powerful hardware.

Fake is when video is duplicated, via hardware such as a matrix card, to a monitor. Another way is to duplicate or clone the outputs from the video card. The advantage is cost, the disadvantage is there is no software control over the output and the monitor will be likely be connected by an analog cable.

Another thing to be aware of is claims that software can support widescreen or various resolutions. Most software I've seen has a fixed gui and is stretched and/or distorted to fit different resolutions. This is awkward when trying to monitor live video as everything will appear distorted and text on the screen can be very difficult to comprehend.

I am not a developer or work for any cctv company, just an end user with some experience.

There is true multiple monitor support and what I prefer to call fake multiple monitor support.

True requires DirectX (or similar renderer) and outputs through one or more video cards. The advantage is the video can be controlled via software, that is you don't need to rearrange cables or configure a matrix controller, which should also mean reduced insertion loss. Another advantage is the monitor can use a digital connection like DVI or HDMI which is important when trying to maintain detail. The disadvantage is the software is more complex and requires more powerful hardware.

Fake is when video is duplicated, via hardware such as a matrix card, to a monitor. Another way is to duplicate or clone the outputs from the video card. The advantage is cost, the disadvantage is there is no software control over the output and the monitor will be likely be connected by an analog cable.

Another thing to be aware of is claims that software can support widescreen or various resolutions. Most software I've seen has a fixed gui and is stretched and/or distorted to fit different resolutions. This is awkward when trying to monitor live video as everything will appear distorted and text on the screen can be very difficult to comprehend.

I am not a developer or work for any cctv company, just an end user with some experience.

Some DVR company have few different GUI Bitmaps to support different resolutions

What I am looking for is of course real multi monitor support

What software have you used or seen that has multi monitor support?

Okay, so it is getting exciting now. I was writing to several companies and there are some contrary facts. Please see this this PM that I have just send to William (Netvision Tech Support).

Dear William,

I was sending mails to Netvision (Melissa) and Linovision (Davis) at the same time. I have a proforma from Melissa for 4 NV4216HFV cards. Now the specs of this card seem real good, but the guy from Linovision (Davis) claims that this card has lower image quality than the NV4016HC...

I don't know if I should believe him or not. Linovision doesn't have the newer card on their Website, but Davis says that he can also sell it to me, but would recommend the slower card (16Ch in 4CIF half real time).

Have you had the possibility to try the new card? Have you compared image quality? Quality of the card is the MOST important criteria for me. The price is important, but quality is more important.

Thanks

Best, Florian

P.S. Linovision doesn't support dual monitors, but Davis said that they can do a customization for me. What do you think about that?

What do you think about that? Is Davis just trying to sell to me and therefore blackmailing the product of Netvision or does he have information that we don't have? Has anyone ever tried the new Hikvision cards?

I will keep you updated.

Florian

Okay, so it is getting exciting now. I was writing to several companies and there are some contrary facts. Please see this this PM that I have just send to William (Netvision Tech Support).

Dear William,

I was sending mails to Netvision (Melissa) and Linovision (Davis) at the same time. I have a proforma from Melissa for 4 NV4216HFV cards. Now the specs of this card seem real good, but the guy from Linovision (Davis) claims that this card has lower image quality than the NV4016HC...

I don't know if I should believe him or not. Linovision doesn't have the newer card on their Website, but Davis says that he can also sell it to me, but would recommend the slower card (16Ch in 4CIF half real time).

Have you had the possibility to try the new card? Have you compared image quality? Quality of the card is the MOST important criteria for me. The price is important, but quality is more important.

Thanks

Best, Florian

P.S. Linovision doesn't support dual monitors, but Davis said that they can do a customization for me. What do you think about that?

What do you think about that? Is Davis just trying to sell to me and therefore blackmailing the product of Netvision or does he have information that we don't have? Has anyone ever tried the new Hikvision cards?

I will keep you updated.

Florian

Dont you have any technicians to help you Florian? How long time you been installing CCTV?

JD