thewireguys

Just ordered a Basler BIP-1300DN with images

The contrast on the Arecont seems too high (is it possible to adjust the contrast?), but otherwise, the detail is very good. Assuming the Basler is as focused as possible, compare the detail in the leaves. The Arecont has well-defined edges on the leaves, whereas the Basler is quite soft. Certainly, the high gain of the Basler generates quite a bit of noise, but it's possible to ignore the noise if the detail is there. Is that the best possible night focus for the Basler? If so, the Arecont is the clear winner between these two.

Best,

Christopher

The contrast on the Arecont seems too high (is it possible to adjust the contrast?), but otherwise, the detail is very good. Assuming the Basler is as focused as possible, compare the detail in the leaves. The Arecont has well-defined edges on the leaves, whereas the Basler is quite soft. Certainly, the high gain of the Basler generates quite a bit of noise, but it's possible to ignore the noise if the detail is there. Is that the best possible night focus for the Basler? If so, the Arecont is the clear winner between these two.

Best,

Christopher

No contrast on the Arecont and the basler needs a MP lens but I don't think it's going to get that much better. I have a f1.0 lens I am going to try but once again it's not a MP lens.

Arecont is the clear winner (my flood light came on for this shot)

111594_1.jpg

111594_2.jpg

111594_3.jpg

3130DN day imager

111594_4.jpg

Made some adjustments to the Basler. Upped the Sharpness from 20 (default) to 80 and Gamma from 100 to 130 and the Exposure offset to -30.

111594_5.jpg

More interesting ip cams using the Sony EXview HAD CCD (like the Basler)...

Do a google search on "vitor VT-715ME". There is sample footage on youtube. This camera also looks like it's offered under the Secunext brand, and some other company I saw mentioned in one of the posts on this forum.

I checked out the Secunext product at my suppliers office and the day/night image quality was impressive.

More interesting ip cams using the Sony EXview HAD CCD (like the Basler)...

Do a google search on "vitor VT-715ME". There is sample footage on youtube. This camera also looks like it's offered under the Secunext brand, and some other company I saw mentioned in one of the posts on this forum.

I checked out the Secunext product at my suppliers office and the day/night image quality was impressive.

That is not Exview and the night time example is hardly impressive.

http://www.vitor.com.tw/en/product/Megapixel_Network_Camera/VT-715ME.aspx

Are you sure you dont mean another camera?

dont think much of the basler a bit funky & splotchy.... the KT&C is shyte.

Looks like the other Axis has way to much compression running.

Areconts the winner.

EX82 Nice......there is an IP version I hear...

The youtube hits I found for the vitor are these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwZvzlKq4Zw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glBCggCoWBU

thought they were pretty good.

As for the Secunext, I don't have footage, only saw it at my suppliers office.

Thanks for the correction on the sensor type.

Yeah they dont look like a real BW mode, they seem just like a color camera with the chroma removed. B/W should be so much brighter than that especially with all those vehicle lights.

I do have some official Basler camera comparison to IQ, Arecont, Axis, Vivotek. Anybody interested, drop me your email and I`ll forward you. Quite interesting.

Also, Secunext dont make their cameras. Actual manufacturer is MESSOA from Taiwan, www.messoa.com