blake

Mounting dvr and power supply

I have a potential customer that wants their dvr and monitor in their bedroom.Have any of you done an install to where you mounted the lockbox w/dvr and power supply on the wall in their bedroom,or did you convince them to let you mount it out of site totally and just run your external ir and video feeds out to the t.v.'s?

The biggest complaint about DVRs in the master bedroom is the fan noise.

Woman will be screaming at the husband the next moring about the lack of sleep!

Perhaps in the closet might be better, and wired back to the TV/Monitor.

It would depend on the budget as to whether they are going to be able to use the remote control, but then again if it was that low of a bid it might be a DVR without a remote control.

Had my DVR in my bedroom and my gf could not sleep. It doesnt sound *that* loud when its in your audio rack or a back basement room somewhere and you are wiring it up. But move that same DVR to your bedroom when its totally silent at 1am and you will not be a happy camper.

I have done before, fan noise was okay as it was a PC DVR and i built it. Lockbox? Once they are in the bedroom they have full access anyway so a lockbox is of no real use.

On a side note I leave my computer on all night and I sleep just a few feet from it. I also leave the TV on most nights, and I live just a few feet from a main road where there is at least 2 hours of traffic jam in the morning with speaker bass rattling my windows.

I recommend it as well, and it also keeps people from pressing buttons that they should not be if it was easly reafhable.