Jorel

PV-981 No video in Windows 7

I purchased a PV-981-8 from bluecherry and cannot get video in AMCAP or LuxRiot using the drivers included on the CD. The drivers did install and the devices are "working properly" but the video channels are blue when disconnected and black when connected. If I connect directly to a monitor there is video, so I think this is a driver problem.

Anyone have provideo cards working with Vista / 7? I will probably try dual booting XP later to see if that works.

We have provided cards and softwares working with Vista and Windows 7. Here are some suggestions:

1. Use manager to control your system;

2. Contact your supplier to confirm whether the SDK or driver support the OS;

3. Check whether your video card is good enough.

We have provided cards and softwares working with Vista and Windows 7. Here are some suggestions:

This looks like a canned response, but better than nothing i guess.

1. I think you're referring to Device Manager in Windows? Already done that.

2. Waiting for a response, again the drivers did install fine.

3. Video card is a GTX 260. I know that DirectX 9 is working because 'aero' works.

Did you install all software using the "run as administrator" right-click option?

Of course.

This is weird I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a couple times and now it is working in LuxRiot, not sure exactly why. Might have needed to reboot a few times for drivers to load right?

I will be testing again on a clean system soon and hope to post some details on how to get it working to avoid the trouble again.

This looks like a canned response, but better than nothing i guess.

1. I think you're referring to Device Manager in Windows? Already done that.

2. Waiting for a response, again the drivers did install fine.

3. Video card is a GTX 260. I know that DirectX 9 is working because 'aero' works.

1.Not device manager, that's for card driver installation. What I refer here is you should use "administrator" only to control your computer, of couse including intall drivers and softwares and so on;

2. If your SDK doesn't support the OS, no matter your drivers are installed ok or not, your card will not work normal;

3. I didn't mean the quanlity of your video card. Some capture cards demand for special video card. And you have to consider about the compatibility.

Sounds like a video card issue. Check that direct draw overlay is working properly. Also, if this is 64bit Windows check that the DVR software works with it, for example, GeoVision does not.

Edit, just read AmCap. Its not always that easy, not all cards are going to work. Have you used BtSpy? Whoops, you are not using the bt878 drivers? The drivers from the manufacturer wont always let you use the hardware in other software besides their own - eg. Geovision drivers for GeoVision cards, card will not work in AmCap or LuxRiot - to get it to work one must install Bt878 drivers. Iview DVR card, same thing, use Bt878 driver. Use Btspy to get the correct parameters.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2021