SambaNoodles

I want an Indoor Camera facing out on the street

Hi. I need a camera that monitors the street that the building enterance faces.

However, I do not want to install an outdoor camera for various reasons (vandalism, very rough weather, no permission to drill holes etc.).

Instead, I want to install an indoor camera, mounted on a wall facing a single-pane glass window which itself directly faces the street. The camera lens can be mounted as close as 1 inch away from the glass.

Will this work? Do I have to worry about reflections from the window? What sort of camera should I be looking for? I need to be able to monitor both day and night, and the street does have reasonable lighting in the night.

Thanks.

It will work as long as the camera doesn't have IR.You'll want a True day/night camera with varifocal lense.

If you have to do it this way, try to create some kind of "hood" that attaches between the camera and window to block out inside light from the area between the camera and lens... Black cloth, something like that. Also, if you can keep the lens slightly off-axis (not straight at the window), that will reduce internal reflections.

Hi. I need a camera that monitors the street that the building enterance faces.

However, I do not want to install an outdoor camera for various reasons (vandalism, very rough weather, no permission to drill holes etc.).

Instead, I want to install an indoor camera, mounted on a wall facing a single-pane glass window which itself directly faces the street. The camera lens can be mounted as close as 1 inch away from the glass.

Will this work? Do I have to worry about reflections from the window? What sort of camera should I be looking for? I need to be able to monitor both day and night, and the street does have reasonable lighting in the night.