boneyard

Hello From Texas

Hey everyone,, Just joined the site. Our business was broken into a few weeks ago and the DVR system we had turned out to be worthless.. We could see um moving around and loading up my stuff,,, but not enough detail to do any good.. So I joined this site to read up on the new systems and hopefully get pointed in the right direction.

Dan

Sounds like you got one of those cheap worthless systems from Sams Club or the likes. To obtain a good picture you must pay a little more to make a differnce. Your main thing to remmber is the light conditions and then go on from there. You want a camera with a rating usually around .03. Make sure your DVR is a good one, because you may have a good camera but the DVR isn't able to produce a worthwhile picture on print. Pictures may look good on a monitor but reproducing them is another story. It depends also the frame rate is what you record at. Take the total frames per second (fps) your recorder will accept and then divide it by the number of cameras. If the number comes out lower than 30, get a better recorder. Many recorders also have a quality setting also for cameras. If yours does, play around with that. Another good idea is to put motion detector lights in your location if it isn't lighted very well at night.

You know, the kind of light you put on the garage etc at home. Another thing we do is mount a concealed camera at a low position. Like direct at a persons face at a spot where they are bound to walk into. This because a majority of these crooks will wear hoods or baseball caps. If a camera is on the ceiling, you won't get their face. We have a high rate of indentification at our company. We mainly go after the fast food business. Hope this gives you a few pointers. Best regards, The Oldtimer.

Thanks for the welcom info: Ya you nailed it on the head! we got a system from Fry's - Just now learning about CIF vs. D1 -- trying to find a decent 8 to 16 ch system that will text me.

I'm not sure if I can recomend products on this site. We use a good board and we only pay around 299.00 for it. Let me check further about what we can post. I get the boards out of Floridia and they work great. Even on the Iphone and they will notify the client of any motion at the transmitting location. I'll get back to you John

Try to have a cooperation with the professional security products distributor if possible or upgrade them to meet customers' need..

Hi,

Look for distributors that have great customer service, aggressive priced boards and have quick tech support.

best regards,

Czar

USA Europe Australia