melisandeneowald

Best indoor camera for small convenience store under 100$?

Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone would give one or two suggestions for the best camera under 100$ . It will be used in a small convenience store.

If we're limited to a hundred bucks, what would the camera giving the best image please?

If it's worth it we could probably go up to 150$

what will the camera be used to monitor? how far away will it be mounted? where and how high up do you plan to mount the camera? what is the lighting like? do you need to see into total darkness, ever?

Hi bpzle ,

what will the camera be used to monitor?

The camera will be used to monitor persons in one alley (wich is approx. 25' to 35' long) of the convenience store.

how far away will it be mounted?

It will be 8' to 25' of the persons.

where and how high up do you plan to mount the camera?

On the wall about 8' high.

what is the lighting like?

Fluorescent lighting. Not dark at all.

do you need to see into total darkness, ever?

If you want to, I'd like a suggestion of one that can see in the dark and one which can't.

For one you do not want much you will not get much for that money also 8 to 35 feet will push one camera for a sharp picture from a cheap camera if that is your beer isle you need multiple close views if you want to catch shoplifters and get the judge to convict on cctv footage. Spending 100 dollars is like using a cheap lock on your door.

Exactly why would you use plastic lock on a bank?

Spend the money and get a clean sharp picture of the bad guys,

That way you wont look llike a chump when the police ask for the "image"

For less than $500 you can have a megapixel ID camera pointing at the front door.

Im pretty sure 'CCTV' does not stand for Cheap Camera TV....

z

Exactly why would you use plastic lock on a bank?

Spend the money and get a clean sharp picture of the bad guys,

That way you wont look llike a chump when the police ask for the "image"

For less than $500 you can have a megapixel ID camera pointing at the front door.

Im pretty sure 'CCTV' does not stand for Cheap Camera TV....

z

I agree, except save the megapixel for facing inward from the exit of the door, less backlighting problems, and you get a good picture of his face on the way out, with the stuff he stole, not his back.

Easier if you are using a deterrent monitor, too.

something like ...

if you are really broke ->> CNB-DM1700N

color bullet - KPC-VBN190NHB

color indoor dome - CNB-D3710N

they all need lots of light. add a motion light.

there are better cameras for a little more $$ though .. but the above are in your budget at MSRP.

Nice cameras! Thanks!

What's your opinion on this one?:

alturl dot com/i8rh

actually that camera looks like the CNB D1710N (google it) ... same specs and looks.

So yeah should be fine, though I would go with one that actually has the name, CNB is an actual manufacturer, so is KT&C. Ask them who the manufacturer is, see if they will answer. It doesnt mean it is better, but it will give you a better idea of the "real" specs, not just specs an online store made up, for example - and I am NOT hating on online stores.

Also, here is another thing, right now you will find most high res color CCTV cameras with 550TVL, the 480TVL cameras are typically discontinued by the manufacturer, and is why one might get a better deal on them from a dealer/online site as they are trying to clear them away. Not to say they are not good, just not the latest. The effective and total pixels with a 480 and 550 TVL are actually typically the same anyway. You tend to get some more features with the newer one though such as more sensitivity under low lighting and also cooler chips with lower power consumption. But the newer ones are not always easy to find as I mentioned the dealers etc are trying to clear away the previous products.

I would love to recommend one of our advertisers for the CNB but I dont know of any that sell that product. However, they may have a similar one from a different brand so I would check with them as well, CNB is not the only brand out there with those specs.

Rory

Ask them who the manufacturer is, see if they will answer.

According to their presentation video, they are the manufacturer. The owner seems willing to give a great deal of support also. I think that's a plus.

You tend to get some more features with the newer (550 TVL) one though such as more sensitivity under low lighting and also cooler chips with lower power consumption.

Thanks for the good hint. I'll then go with their 550 TVL model, which specifies more technological features than the 480TVL model (For a little more cash).

I want to thank you all guys! Thank you for the camera models examples I can compare specs to. I think you are THE authority , when it comes to get help about CCTV. I'm starting in the business and I really appreciate this help. I feel I'm not on my own with you guys!!! Thanks!!

According to their presentation video, they are the manufacturer. The owner seems willing to give a great deal of support also. I think that's a plus.

Thanks for the good hint. I'll then go with their 550 TVL model, which specifies more technological features than the 480TVL model (For a little more cash).

I want to thank you all guys! Thank you for the camera models examples I can compare specs to. I think you are THE authority , when it comes to get help about CCTV. I'm starting in the business and I really appreciate this help. I feel I'm not on my own with you guys!!! Thanks!!

They are the manufacturer like I make Ford Mustangs in my back yard

I had to remove the link to the store per the forum rules, but that second camera looks like a different brand. I would lean towards the first one even though its not the 550 model, but its up to you.

The whole Ebay thing worries me though.

They are the manufacturer like I make Ford Mustangs in my back yard

Yeah , I hear what you're saying. Nevertheless, I think I made a mistake. They say they are the manufacturer for one particular model on their website (Not all of them). This one : alturl dot com/towc

But, again, maybe not.

The whole Ebay thing worries me though.

I'll play it safe and only buy a few at first to check the quality. Thank you for your foresight.

What about the Gadspot GS648B for 40$ ? I like that it's a dome camera, with 520TV Lines, and the IR illumination . But...

Could the IR leds on that camera bother the quality of the image? Could the GS644C have a better IR design?

Is there any dome camera with same specs, similar price and a better LED design?

a $40 dome with IR? LOL ...

dont expect much .. at all with that

Remember ... you get what you pay for