Amrcndj

Hello from PA!

Hello fellow installers or owners of CCTV systems.

I just branched out and started doing my own surveillance work. I used to work for a school district maintaining the surveillance system along with the what I think was a pretty high end TV broadcast station. It was sent out to all the TV's in the community.

I never really had to deal with the purchasing of surveillance cameras, only commercial video cameras. Which i have to say, is completely different than what i thought it was going to be. I tried to find the best quality cameras with the best quality dvr for the best price. The first job I had gotten was with a local chain that was growing from one store to 10 stores in the next 4 years. The kind of cameras that I choose for the job were all 580tvl daylight resolution cameras. Some of them were IR which was not intended but worked out well. I also worked hard to find a DVR that was actually good. I was stuck deciding if I wanted to continue with standalone or PC based. Both I have had problems with but I choose the standalone. It was a 30fps on 16 channels that had D1 recording and playback at 704x480 resolution. It seems to be working out well even though it was a no name brand but the dealer that sells it gives great support and helped with every problem that arose. It was a custom build but I feel like since I was a new installer that I got taken on my install price.

I look forward to contributing my knowledge and learning from other installers on this forum to better the business of CCTV and of my own.