akelley

Looking for used or demo Mobotix cameras

I'm looking to evaluate the Mobotix cameras so I'm looking for used or demo models would reduce my upfront financial costs. Particularly looking for the day/night models and the hemmispherical (Q22) model (though a good deal on a Q24 would even be better!).

Thanks in advance!

Are you a dealer?

Not at this point. I have an IT consultancy business that has considered expanding into security as a few clients have asked if that's a service we offer, and more times than not, we're hired to install and support the network for IP based systems. I have experience with Sony, Canon, Axis, and Panasonic cameras and have installed a few small systems (convenience store and residential). I'm not a dealer for any camera manufacturer but would consider if I saw value in having it as part of my existing business.

Interestingly, I discovered Mobotix because their NY office shared a floor with a previous client of mine so I got to speak with some of the guys in the office. I was intrigued by the technology behind the cameras and was given a couple hands on demos, but never got to the point of actually being able to take one to my office or do a proper evaluation. I no longer do work for that client so I'm not down there (40 Fulton) anymore to speak to the Mobotix guys. Last I heard they (Mobotix) were planning on moving to another location in NYC. Also at that time (a little more than a year ago) one of the tech guys told me that if I needed a camera with decent zoom and PTZ, Mobotix cameras wouldn't be an ideal fit.