thewireguys

Dropbox

Guys might find this handy for sharing large files and online backups.

getdropbox.com

You get 2 Gigs for free.

Cool idea

Have u try to use for video storage ?

Hmmm, it wants me to download and install an app? That's not very convenient.

Personally, I like running my own web/ftp server at home... copy files directly to it from my workstation or laptop at home, upload via ftp or VPN when away from home... then I can just provide people a web link when I need them to download something. Great for hosting my own images for embedding in forums, too.

Considering just about any old PC will do the trick (mine is a PIII/1GHz), I'm surprised more professionals here don't do it that way.

Hmmm, it wants me to download and install an app? That's not very convenient.

Personally, I like running my own web/ftp server at home... copy files directly to it from my workstation or laptop at home, upload via ftp or VPN when away from home... then I can just provide people a web link when I need them to download something. Great for hosting my own images for embedding in forums, too.

Considering just about any old PC will do the trick (mine is a PIII/1GHz), I'm surprised more professionals here don't do it that way.

I had to download the app to set it up but you can log into the web interface and access the files anywhere.