CCCmarine

camera layout

Looking for some advice on camera layout. We will probably only have a budget initially for the 1-4 camera's but I was playing with the location of the 5-8. Whats the best way to orient the camera's to cover that path?

Night vision will be key as we have had some tagger issues in the 2-4 camera area. Any suggestion on camera's as well? Budget allows for about $300-$350 per cam (4 total).

Thanks!

114055_1.jpg

hey I like your pool !

I would spend more on the trouble spots. front entrance to get a good ID of cars and people coming in.

Area's where there are taggers etc extra cams and IR

Are they coming inside the complex ? or from the outside.?

looks like a walking track at the rear -classic burglar highway !

For such a large area you cant really have a small budget, other wise its a waste of time.

For such a large area you cant really have a small budget, other wise its a waste of time.

Yeah, that's one of the problems in this kind of situation - people don't want to pay what it takes to do it right the first time, so they do it half-assed... then it doesn't give them the coverage they need, something crucial is missed, and they think they've wasted their money. Any attempt to sell them more cameras after that is often seen by them as you trying to get them to throw good money after bad.

I agree. I have explained it throughly and they seem to be understanding the situation. Initially the funds need to go into getting the copper in the ground for current and future drops. The DVR is located near the entrance so it ends up being a longer run which as you know equals more $$. Im just glad I was able to talk them into a 8 ch rather than 4ch DVR and NOT use QC junk.

The problem area is the path near 2,3 mostly as it backs to a park. The 5,6,7,8 area has not really been a problem. The side near the canal has some serious razor wire so it seems to be doing its job.

Thanks!

Catching taggers could be tricky - mere video of someone walking toward the wall with a spray can won't do for evidence, and unless you mount the cameras at head-height, an angle that catches the wall enough to catch the tagging in action, probably won't get any faces.

You almost need to stick a camera or two in a tree in the field to the top of that picture, looking back at the 2/3/4 area.

I agree. I have explained it throughly and they seem to be understanding the situation. Initially the funds need to go into getting the copper in the ground for current and future drops. The DVR is located near the entrance so it ends up being a longer run which as you know equals more $$. Im just glad I was able to talk them into a 8 ch rather than 4ch DVR and NOT use QC junk.

The problem area is the path near 2,3 mostly as it backs to a park. The 5,6,7,8 area has not really been a problem. The side near the canal has some serious razor wire so it seems to be doing its job.

Thanks!

Have you measured the length of wire needed from the DVR to the farthest camera? Do you really plan on home running all the cams back to around camera 1? Why? If you do plan on running underground conduit, then dang this is going to be an expensive project! Can you somehow make the head end closer to 5 and 6? This would cut cost WAY down so you could spend more of their budget on the better equipment, instead of the cabling and trenching project. For cam 1 you could just go point to point IP wireless and save yourself the headache of trenching under the pavement...

I personally think an 8 channel analog DVR (even a good one) will be a waste of time and money to try and cover such a large area with the needed playback detail. To capture facial recognition (the only video worth a damn to police) you could not use a wide angle lens as you've suggested on 2 and other cams. Or maybe their not interested in 24 hour recording? Maybe their interested in paying someone to monitor 24/7? In which case the 8 channel analog system with wide angle lenses would do fine...

At least go with a hybrid recording solution. Use UTP w/ baluns as much as possible for your wired connections. You'll thank yourself later when they call you back after something happens and say "that footage wasn't good enough." Then you get to look smart by saying "I was looking out for you! I future proofed your system for you!! Because I was so smart when I ran your cable and selected your recorder, you can easily upgrade to megapixel IP and capture 10 times the resolution for only $____ per camera!!!" Then you guys all high five and you get to make more money.