Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to the whole CCTV idea so be gentle!

I currently have 20 cameras around my home inside and out. I picked up these cameras from a distributor in Hong Kong. I also picked up a 32 Channel DVR card off ebay (before I found this forum)

As you can imagine, the DVR card is crappy! Picture quality is horrible! Cameras seem to be decent, they are 480TVL Sony Super HAD chips.

What I need help with is finding a good DVR card with the ablity to run more than 16, I don't need to run more than 16 as of right now tho...

I need web access so I can remotely view and I would also like to use my iPhone to remotely view.

I've read a little about the GeoVision 1480 and it looks like a decent card.

Thanks in advance!

"480TVL Sony Super HAD" is decent, but not much more (at least not in and of itself) - just about all cheap cameras use these sensors.

As far as a DVR card goes, you could also look at Vigil (www.3xlogic.com) and Video Insight (www.video-insight.com). They're not the cheapest players in the game, but you do get what you pay for. Both of these use near-identical hardware; the real difference is in the software. I suggest them mainly because they're the systems I'm most familiar with.

Same goes for GeoVision - a number of systems use the same (or very similar) hardware, and what you're really comparing is the associated software. Personally, I don't like the GeoVision interface much, and I find the hardware has some weird quirks. But you know, see if you can get a demo, and try it for yourself.

Vigil has a demo version of its server software available that will work on a number of different cards (including Video Insight's). I think VI will send you a demo as well, if you ask.

Thanks! I didn't see any cards on their website. The software looks like it will be out of my budget! Any other suggestions?

Thanks