chrisbb61

RESOLVED: New Installation no email alerts

Funny in the process of explaining a problem I come to te solution. Thought maybe the DVR was having a DNS issue reolving the SMTP server.I used the IP address of the SMTP server and the email works!

Hello all. I have just joined. Go ahead and get the newbie bashing over with

First I'd like to say I'm a techie. UNIX/Linux Administrator. There s nothing more I'd like to do then get to a command prompt on the DVR and do all of the config via command line and skip the GUI. I welcome any low level tips and tricks, backdoors, hacks, etc.

So, I've bought this 8 channel zmodo, H9008UVD. It's my understanding that it runs a Linux OS. Hince my comment above. I've setup motion detection recording with email alerts. It all works fine except I never recieve the emails. I've tried using two different SMTP servers with no luck.

I have discovered this and I don't know what to make of it. The DVR software is the same one that the q-see QSD9004 runs. In fact my user manual is almost exactly the same as the q-see maual.

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=166

Below are the email configs I have tried. Note that I have used the comcast sucessfully on other applications. Please, I welcome any and all advice, tips, tricks, general comments...

ALSO.... IS there any way I can view even a single channel of video on my #$%$#$ Blackberry? I'm on Verizon

--Thanks all, Chris

EMAIL: ON

SSL: OFF

SMTP PORT: 25 (and 587 per comcast)

SMTP: smtp.comcast.net

SEND EMAIL: myemail@comcast.net

SEND PW: mycomcastPW

RECV EMAIL: mycomcast_addr or myyahoo_addr

The other config I used was through gmail. I followed he manuals instructions exactly. I enabled POP and IMAP in gmail per the manuels instructions.

EMAIL: ON

SSL: ON

SMTP PORT: 465 or 25

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

SEND EMAIL: myemail@gmail.com

SEND PW: mygmailPW

RECV EMAIL: mygmail_addr or myyahoo_addr