jywmpg

Problems installing Remote Live Viewer and Remote Playback

I have a trial version of the NUUO Main Console (3.2.16) up and running with feeds from 4 cameras. The Main Console works fine, but I am having trouble accessing the server via the web using the Remote Live Viewer and Remote Playback products.

I have tried to access the sever using four different PCs. With two, the ActiveX plugin downloaded and installed without issue and things work just fine. On the other two, the same error occurs: I am prompted to download and then install the ActiveX plugin, but after that process completes, a broken image is displayed in the playback window and 'Done' is displayed on the status bar.

The two 'good' PCs, one of the 'bad' ones, and the server are all on the same subnet. The 'bad' PC is a Celeron 2 GHZ w/ 2GB RAM running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 using IE 8.0.6001.18702

When this happens, Tools->Manage Addons-> Enable or Disable Addons->Downloaded ActiveX Controls (320-it) shows no indication of the ActiveX Control being installed on the 'bad' PCs, while the 'good' ones show that both WebPRB.ocx and WebViewS.ocx are enabled.

I have massaged the settings under Tools->Internet Options->Security (Trusted Sites, Custom Level) to no avail.

Since I am 2-for-4 on installs, perhaps this is a known problem with some configurations? I admit that I am not a Windows expert.

I really like the functionality, but need to be able to run the web interface on a variety of PCs running IE

Any help?

Thanks and Regards,

jywmpg

Did you enable ALL Active X/ multimedia related in internet settings? Also, the web client only works through IE...

I've tested your version of Nuuo via web client successfully on both XP and various versions of Vista... no problems.

Also

Also... in the Nuuo console you can configure various network/ remote settings under Config/ Network Service. Try changing the Live Streaming/ Remote playback ports to something different than default. Don't forget to adjust your router's port forwarding accordingly. Verify proper communication on www.CanYouSeeMe.org

It's possible that something on your network is communicating on the same ports, causing intermittent issues with your remote connection.

Did you enable ALL Active X/ multimedia related in internet settings? Also, the web client only works through IE...

I've tested your version of Nuuo via web client successfully on both XP and various versions of Vista... no problems.

Also

Also... in the Nuuo console you can configure various network/ remote settings under Config/ Network Service. Try changing the Live Streaming/ Remote playback ports to something different than default. Don't forget to adjust your router's port forwarding accordingly. Verify proper communication on http://www.CanYouSeeMe.org

It's possible that something on your network is communicating on the same ports, causing intermittent issues with your remote connection.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I didn't know about http://www.CanYouSeeMe.org

It is very useful.

However, my problem turned out to be simpler than that. As NUUO Tech Support kindly pointed out in an e-mail, the FAQ (http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Why_my_IE8_doesn%27t_work_well_with_software_version_3.2%3F) says in the first line:

First of all, please make sure [‘vcredist_x86.exe’] has already been installed.

This is the freely available "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" package and can be downloaded from from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

From the Microsoft site:

Brief Description

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed.

After installing this package on the two 'bad' PCs, the NUUO applications work just fine with IE on all PCs.

I am new to the NVR market, but the NUUO product works very well, and seems very easy to use. I have also received very rapid responses from NUUO technical support for my questions.

Thanks, and Regards to all.

jywmpg