junkbox327

Need help - DVR Files

A client of mine has a hard drive that contains security camera footage from a DVR. The files are named 0000000A, 00000A00, and so on with no file extension. There's an additional folder containing files with a .ix extension. There's an installer called DVR Client 5.1 on the drive, but it seems like it's only a client for connecting to the cameras.

They need to be able to view the footage, but don't know what type of system the files came from. With the above information, can someone tell me what I would need to do to allow them to view these.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds fishy... but I'll help.

First, I'd install that DVR Client. Click on everything, starting with "About" in a menu, if there is one... That client is probably your best hope for finding the OEM, and eventually a player.

After you install the DVR Client, take a screen shot and post it to the forum. Someone will probably recognize it.

It's really not fishy (although I can see how it sounds like it could be). I've attached the screenshot of the DVR 5.1 that comes with it. There's no 'about' unfortunately, and nothing in the options either.

screenshot.jpg.02d792a08c643c0301a88e298082f9e8.jpg

Hi

I know its been a couple years since this thread.. but I have run into the same problem. I have a damaged hard drive from this system. I have been able to recovered the files recorded at the time of the incident.. however all I have are the .IX pointer files and the which are the AXXXXX files (the actual video files). I am not able to locate any systems software, CODECs, players, etc. Do you still have access to link to the Codec, Player for these files.

Any help greatly appreciated