ei0675

HELP! DVR card capture software

Hi, im new to CCTV, own a security company here in Ireland, we mainly supplied and installed Automatic gates, but with recession this was a luxury. moved to CCTV and access controls.

having installed a few systems mainly stand alone i hit the usual bumps along the way.

my current problem is i have a generic bt878 4ch card installed but cant get any software to run on the pc. the clients pc is running xp but his hard drive is labeled H:// the software that came with the card automaicly tries to install to C:/ and does not give me an option to change the install location. i cant format and reinstall windows thus relabeling the hard drive to C:/ as the client has files and accounts on the pc. just incase it helps its a home application with 2 cameras. and if possible a free basic software to get me out of this prediciment.

hope some one can help he has been waiting 3 days for me to finish the job.

thanks in advance for any help

Shane.

Hi, im new to CCTV, own a security company here in Ireland, we mainly supplied and installed Automatic gates, but with recession this was a luxury. moved to CCTV and access controls.

having installed a few systems mainly stand alone i hit the usual bumps along the way.

my current problem is i have a generic bt878 4ch card installed but cant get any software to run on the pc. the clients pc is running xp but his hard drive is labeled H:// the software that came with the card automaicly tries to install to C:/ and does not give me an option to change the install location. i cant format and reinstall windows thus relabeling the hard drive to C:/ as the client has files and accounts on the pc. just incase it helps its a home application with 2 cameras. and if possible a free basic software to get me out of this prediciment.

Shane.

Hi shane. that is right the software need to load onto your C:/

Shane.

see if there are and .inf files in the "setup" directory... and if there is a hardcoded location that it's trying to install to.. if so.. just edit the .inf file with notepad.

Since his OS drive is H:, im going to take a wild guess that his PC has SD card slots?

If so, quickest solution is to get the fastest cheapest SD or SDHC card you can get your hands on, put that in and change its drive letter to C: THEN, lets hope the software "developers" did not hard code in the Windows directory!