Sign in to follow this  
mypont2

Verint 1708e to control PTZ

I cannot find any setup or programming instructions on how to set up the verint 1708e to control PTZ cameras. I am using ONSSI software and trying to control a Panasonic WVCW964. Has anyone done this or setup the Verint 1708e to do PTZ control? Is there a better manual that explains how to do it out there?

Thanks,

On Milestone's site (pretty much the same as ONSSI as far as drivers), the PTZ support for that encoder lists Pelco P/D and JVC TKC655 Protocols as being the only ones supported.

The Panasonic WVCW964 seems to only support it's own protocol, no switches to change to generic Pelco or other...

You might want to check with ONSSI/Milestone to see if what you are trying to do is even possible.

You might need to use something like the Panasonic WJ-NT304 4 channel encoder(s) instead.

Or, use something like the Sennetech SCT-1069 Pelco RS-422 to Panasonic RS-485 converter on the data output of the Verint encoder.

That would allow you to use Pelco PTZ control settings in ONSSI, and through the Verint 1708e encoder, and then convert to Panasonic protocol out to the cameras.

Thank you very much for you help. Panasonic tech support finally got back with me and they do support Pelco P. I will try that tomorrow.