bantham1

EB1304 Dyndns Setup

I am thinking of switching from ATT dsl to Comcast cable. The Comcast is faster, but does not have a static IP. How would I set up Dyndns on the Avermedia for remote viewing?

I am thinking of switching from ATT dsl to Comcast cable. The Comcast is faster, but does not have a static IP. How would I set up Dyndns on the Avermedia for remote viewing?

to log on to avers ddns server you have to also add ports to your router for there service.

Here are the list of port numbers required on the Port Forwarding configuration:

1) 53 and 1053 for DDNS

2) 5550-5551 for Remote Console

3) 5555 for Remote Desktop on the Central Monitoring System Software

your 1304 has port 80 please change this to 5550 (do not use 80)

then on a pc on the same network enter www.ddns.avers.com.tw then enter your details. and your done.

http://yourdetails.avers.com.tw:5550

What is the difference between remote console, desktop manager and CMS? Currently I am logging into CMS while at home for monitoring, and using IE while away by entering my IP and port. Am I missing something by not using the remote console and desktop manager?

What is the difference between remote console, desktop manager and CMS? Currently I am logging into CMS while at home for monitoring, and using IE while away by entering my IP and port. Am I missing something by not using the remote console and desktop manager?

remote console lets you look back at footage. entering your ip and port only gives you webviewer. cms is ok if you have the alarms setup but better with remote console as it gives you the same screen as the sa or nv dvrs or IMatrix is even better.

Is that why the playback is so slow over CMS? I have never used remote console, but do cannot find a correct login to use.

Is that why the playback is so slow over CMS? I have never used remote console, but do cannot find a correct login to use.

your dvr will auto load remoteviewer onto your pc.

To set this up now with a static IP I would just need to enable port 5550 on my router for port forwarding then login to the yourdetails.tw:5500 url? Right now I have port 800 set up as my forwarding port on my router (port 80 was blocked by my isp)

To set this up now with a static IP I would just need to enable port 5550 on my router for port forwarding then login to the yourdetails.tw:5500 url? Right now I have port 800 set up as my forwarding port on my router (port 80 was blocked by my isp)

yes set your port forwarding for your dvr to 5550 and also portforward 53 and 1053 for ddns to work and then click on this link to set your ddns name.

http://ddns.avers.com.tw/

Edited by Guest

Great. Thanks for the link. Hopefully this will solve all of the slow viewing issues I am having with CMS and webviewer.

Great. Thanks for the link. Hopefully this will solve all of the slow viewing issues I am having with CMS and webviewer.

try this to down load remoteviewer.

log on to your dvr as you do when you are away. then when you are loged on on the right hand side you will see icons click on the secound one down this will install remoteviwer. close all your window and you will see a new icon on your desktop. at the bottom click setup enter your local ip and below that enter your port. click ok then click network and enter your password

I am getting an error saying not authentication

your dvr is over 12months old ....... please change the date on your pc clock to may 2009 then set it back when you have finnished your downloads. there is a firmware update for this problem but its easyer to change the date. i will pm you the update should you need it.

I do not have a CD key. is there a default field I can provide? If not could you PM me the information.

on the old type eb1304 (steel blue case) use the s/n on the unit on the back. but this unit is slow over the internet.

I am wishing I had a newer model now. I am going to upgrade my internet speed to 14/3 and hopefully this will help.

I am wishing I had a newer model now. I am going to upgrade my internet speed to 14/3 and hopefully this will help.

updating your isp will not make the old eb faster over the internet. it is the dvr. the new eb1304 sata is quicker.

I never had the patience to use Aver's ddns service...

I've been using dyndns.org and just using a software update client on a regularly used PC somewhere on the network.