SprinTech

What do you all think of these?

Hello,

Just joined here, and here is my question:

One of my customers has been having theft problems in their store (Consignment shop 1200sqft or so), so they've decided to get a camera system, now I've done some CCTV work in the past, mostly for my own purposes only though (In my offices, and shops). But I'm having a tough time finding a system that I feel comfortable recommending and selling them.

They are not needing to cover the whole store only parts of it, so the 5-8 camera range is what they are looking at. Also price is a LARGE factor, they can't go much above $500 (Low I know)

Can anyone tell me if this is a bad system, or whatnot? Also from what I've seen the only issues anyone was having was that the software wasn't the easiest to deal with.

Here is the one I'm looking at:

http://aposoniccctv.com/Products/Surveilance/2008/A-BN9B5-C500/A-BN9B5-C500.html

DVR Specs:

MONITORING

Video Input 8 x BNC

Video Output 1xBNC, 1X VGA, 1X S-Video out

Display Rate 240fps (NTSC), 200fps (PAL)

RECORDING & PLAYBACK

Compression Enhanced Motion JPEG

Recording Rate 60/fps/50fps

Recording Mode Continuous/Motion Detection/ Sensor

Search Mode Date & Time, Event

SYSTEM

Languages English, Chinese

Storage 1 x SATA HDD Slot (Max 1TB)

Data Export Medium 2 x USB 2.0 Slot

NETWORK

Connection 1 x 10/ 100MB Ethernet (RJ-45)‏

Protocols Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE, DDNS (Through Router)‏

Remote Control Remote Client Software and IE browser

INTEGRATION

Audio In/Out 1 / 1

Alarm In/Out DI/DO for Sensor/Alarm

Motion Detection Yes

User Interface Front Panel Buttons

OTHER

Dimensions (W x H x D) 2.5 x 11.75 x 11-inches (H x W x D, approximate)

Operating Temperature 0 ~ 45 ˚c

Operating Humidity 0~90 %

Power Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 1.8A

Output: 12V --- 5A

Camera Specs: (5 Cameras)

Image Device 1/3" CCD sensor

Scanning Frequency NTSC: 15,734KHz(H),60Hz(V); PAL: 15,625KHz(H),50Hz(V)

Scanning System NTSC: 525 line 2:1 interlace PAL:625 lines 2:1 interlace

Effective Pixels NTSC: 512(H) x 492(V); PAL:512(H) x 582(V)

Electronic Shutter N:1/60- 1/100,000sec (Auto); P:1/50-1/100,000sec (Auto)

Horizontal 420 TV Lines

White-balance Auto white balance (2500°K~9500°K)

Synchronizing System Internal

Sensitivity 0.2 Lux , 0 Lux at IR on / F2.0

BLC Auto

Signal to Noise More than 48dB AGC off

AGC Yes

Gamma Correction 0.45

IR Distance 10 Meters (Based on: object of view reflected IR light)

IR LED LED x 23 pcs

IR Status Under 10 Lux by CDS auto control

IR View Angle View angle: 70°, Beam spread: 40°/per LED

IR Wavelength 850nm ± 25nm

LED Life More than 10,000 hours

Lens 6 mm Standard (4,8mm option)

Power Consumption IR on: 230mA, IR off: 70mA ± 5mA

Power Supply 12V DC 400mA ± 10%

Temperature Operating: -10 to 50°C

Video Output Composite 1.0 Vp-p at 75 ohm

Construction Aluminum with sunshield weatherproof

Dimensions 54(∮) x 83(L) mm

Weight 350 g

It also includes the cables (RG59 and power).

Just wondering if anyone has used Aposonic systems before, and how they are.

I know it's a rather low-end system (not super low end but lower end anyways), but i think it should work well.

feel free to PM or e-mail me as well,

Thanks

Chris

LMC Computers - Soon to be Sprinter Technology Services

Plover WI

sales@lightningmods.com

For $500 the best thing for you to do for your customer ........ is say sorry but i cant do anything for that price. which is a lot better than your customer calling you everything under the sun if you sell him the system you have posted. it is very bottom end crap.

tom's right.

there's no way... there's no way you could stay in that budget at dealer prices, much less be able to mark something up and resell. rediculous...

tell them to go to Sam's Club and walk away.

Thanks for the input, do you think this system is worse than what you could get at say Sam's club? Just wondering because they need something pretty quick, and they can by no means afford a decent system, I don't mind not making a lot off the system because I make alot off of the IT services so it makes up for it.

I'm not necessarily looking for the highest best system, mainly because they just want to be able to record a few hours of video to be able to play back if items are stolen, and they also want them there because they feel like the cameras just being there should cut down on theft.

They don't care about them being outdoors, or about night vision.

Better or worse than Sam's Club systems? Ones crap and one's crappier. lol Who cares... Either way, you install crap you'll have too many nightmares supporting crap. If they want cheap, make them install it themselves. Trust us, you don't want anything to do with it.

They need to realize their budget is not realistic, even at your COST.

So they can't they afford cameras, can they afford NOT to have them?? Maybe this will put things into perspective for them... A lot of small businesses don't want to fork out the cash until they realize the ROI.

If you just can't walk away from these guys... offer to put some dummy dome cameras in. Eclipse makes realistic ones...

Another option would be to get a DVR, hard drive, a single real camera, and some dummy cameras to stay within their budget. Later down the road swap the dummies out with real ones.

Look at the 4 channel Avermedia Eb1304 DVR.

Then the Eclipse ECL-599 for a single camera.

For $500 the best thing for you to do for your customer ........ is say sorry but i cant do anything for that price. which is a lot better than your customer calling you everything under the sun if you sell him the system you have posted. it is very bottom end crap.

If you thought aposonic's DVRs are cheap and crappy, then 95% of DVRs from other vendors in USA is even cheaper.

It's just pricing strategy. Don't think the higher the price, the greater the quality in security market.

You just don't know what you don't know.

However, in Chris's case, I had recommended him over phone not to purchase the $500 system which was for low-budget users.

Well, update for you guys that many 16-ch systems are less than $600 now, you may try

Regards,

Nelson

APOSONIC CCTV

http://www.aposoniccctv.com

Edited by Guest

If you thought aposonic's DVRs are cheap and crappy, then 95% of DVRs from other vendors in USA is even cheaper.

It's just pricing strategy. Don't think the higher the price, the greater the quality in security market.

I will agree that price should not always be equated with value.

Care to fill in the blanks for us on the VALUE of your products? I cannot personally vouch for them, so you have the floor.

And please, limit the "spec sheet" material that can easily be Google'd.

However, in Chris's case, I had recommended him over phone not to purchase the $500 system which was for low-budget users.

Well, update for you guys that many 16-ch systems are less than $600 now, you may try

Regards,

Nelson

APOSONIC CCTV

http://www.aposoniccctv.com

sorry nelson but i think your 95% is to high. $600 is way to low for even a budget 16 way dvr. and can i point out they is no such thing as a budget user. its not the user he is your customer its the dvr that is budget.

many installers know what the lowest price should be before they start buying bad quality and also you have two types of what i call budget.

unbranded budget system = no support and very limited.

branded budget systems = support / updatable

you are right systems are becomming cheaper. but if someone asked me for a good dvr i have in my mind what has the good quality/fps/ and the support. and then price.

what is just about to come into force in the uk is the lowest limit a cctv system can be used. (and its about time)

$600 is 2 low but many e-tailers are selling at that price. Hard to imagine, but do you think most buyers know what the differences are?

They just care price. So there is a budget buyer and there are many now! I deal with them from Mon to Fri.

Curiously, what is the good DVR you will use? Over 90% of DVRs are OEN from China, Taiwan, and Korea.

We have tight connection with these major manufacturers. Please let me know and I'd understand where your preference is.

Its been my experience that the majority of end users factor price into the equation first.

So budget is priority. Either they can afford it or not. Find out what their budget is before going any further, you can root out the time wasters that way also.

Doesnt mean you have to quote or sell them junk, but there are quality budget products out there now, and there are more budget oriented end users than there are not.

Its been my experience that the majority of end users factor price into the equation first.

Most of the customers I come in contact with care more about the value. And if they don't, I tell them to go to Costco.

Most of the customers I come in contact with care more about the value. And if they don't, I tell them to go to Costco.

Value, or Quality?

Ofcourse Value for money is still part of a Budget installation, choosing the right product for the job.

Price does not equal value

So your clients have endless pockets? Especially in this recession?

Value for money, best bang for buck, thats what its all about.

Regardless of the client, first thing you should ask is what is their budget.

If they dont have a budget, then knock yourself out, but that is rare in this day and age.

If they dont have a budget, then knock yourself out, but that is rare in this day and age.

I disagree. In the right environment, you can choose your clients. Not the other way around.

I disagree. In the right environment, you can choose your clients. Not the other way around.

In the perfect environment I could lay on the beach all day long, not have to work for a living.

In the perfect environment I could lay on the beach all day long, not have to work for a living.

LOL! Point taken...

But seriously... I feel pretty lucky.

LOL! Point taken...

But seriously... I feel pretty lucky.

1x $10,000 job is not enough for me, I want 1x $10,000 job plus 3000x Budget $1000 jobs (yes $1000 is a budget job here). I want to be the King of the World!! Hey was checking into business names here, checked CCTV King, just for grins and giggles, the local registrar that deals with business names said KING is a prohibited word LOL.

Good for you for BPZLE

u have healthy attitude

but I would say no such thing as right environment

We have to create environment

it is easy to think small ( cheap dvr, cnb , kt&c camera and so on...)

guess what u gonna get

just joking I know that u know

it is up to you to create your clientele

Do u wanna be big or ...........

well I should stop

Using those products is hardly "thinking small".

Its CCTV, they work, they do the job, and we get paid.

Besides the "big boys" dont come on an internet forum looking for customers.

1. I was not talking about you ..Rory

kinda funny u respond

2. if u notice I don't advertise my self at all

look if i have signature with my website

and look at yours

so who is looking for customers ?

or may be explain to me please Who are "big boys" ?

Thx

1. I was not talking about you ..Rory

kinda funny u respond

2. if u notice I don't advertise my self at all

look if i have signature with my website

and look at yours

so who is looking for customers ?

or may be explain to me please Who are "big boys" ?

Thx

1-I have a right to respond, you mentioned product lines that I and Many others on this forum utilize. I was simply correcting your error in judgement.

2-Other than personal PMs? Yes you are correct you have no signature. Besides its funny you would think I was talking about you, other than just making a general statement about the difference between small thinking and big thinking. As for mine, visit my links and then tell me what they are exactly, links back to my site, or popups that close out once you click the window? You will see how much advertising is done through them, which is 0, I dont even have a link back to my site here besides the text thing in the sig, which is not even a link and its directing people to free stuff - the links are simply there to HELP members of the forum that is all. I dont do any sales on my site and as far as the minimal part of it that is CCTV, that only caters to BAHAMIANS of which there are NONE on this forum, except me. Oh, and Big boys are big boys, the ones that dont just "think big" but actually make it big, thats all, was just staying on topic.

Personally, I think diverse thinking is the key to success...

Look at some of the most successful businsses, they don't just "do" one thing... Here in Texas, no one is impressed with a "one trick pony."

I think near sighted, short term gain and ultimatley greed, even arrogance make you go bankrupt and fail in any business or aspect of life. Old habits die hard though...

What we "do" today is what defines us tomorrow. I'm 25... I hope tomorrow is better for me.