DKtucson

BTspy/Conextant driver tweak help

Hi Folks,

I've purchased a generic 4chip-4 channel card from geeks.com a while back. It appears to be a physical clone of a Kodicom 4400 card and it came bundled with DVRnet880 software.

Before we go off on pirated cards etc let it be said that I do not want to use the software that came with the card. I have a full blown bought license for h264webcam software that can make use of generic cards with drivers properly configured. Here is where the other shoe drops....

I had the DVRnet software up and running and selected each screen one at a time while runing BTspy and following the prompts.

I saved the report file and imported it while installing the drivers.

I feel I am somewhat close. The card is seen in device manager with no bangs (!). 4 audio and 4 wdm video devices.

When I go through the setup in the cam software I get 4 blue standby screens. Trying to probe different settings in amcap will at times trigger a reboot.

Can anyone look at this report and see if they see anything blatently off?

### BtSpy Report ###

General information:

Name:bt4chip

Chip: Bt878 , Rev: 0x00

Subsystem: 0x00000000

Vendor: Gammagraphx, Inc.

Values to MUTE audio:

Mute_GPOE : 0x8003ff

Mute_GPDATA: 0x000000

Has TV Tuner: No

Number of Composite Ins: 4

Composite in #1

Composite1_Mux : 2

Composite1_GPOE : 0x8003ff

Composite1_GPDATA: 0x000000

Composite in #2

Composite2_Mux : 2

Composite2_GPOE : 0x8003ff

Composite2_GPDATA: 0x000000

Composite in #3

Composite3_Mux : 2

Composite3_GPOE : 0x8003ff

Composite3_GPDATA: 0x000000

Composite in #4

Composite4_Mux : 2

Composite4_GPOE : 0x8003ff

Composite4_GPDATA: 0x000000

Has SVideo: No

Has Radio: No

No replies ...I've since configured the card in Zoneminder and it seems to be working fine. The zoneminder wiki had a modules.conf file edit for the Kodicom card that worked perfectly for the clone card of mine.

While I'm a big Linux fan, the ZM interface is not as straightforward as H264Webcam and I would NEVER consider it for the average end user customer.

Email and FTP setup are a hassle....I would consider it for a gunshop/liquor store that needed the reliable uptime/stability and didn't care about remote notification--but that really is a "must have" for after hours use or "away from home" residential useage