Lesst

Any ocean view Cam install tricks

I am doing my first exterior camera install at our beach side condo complex to watch over pool area. Camera will be facing East, I know the lens glass area will be getting covered with salt mist, like our windows and need periodic cleaning, so I think I want to use a flat port rather than a dome, and locate it so it can be easily cleaned when needed. Does anyone have suggestions as to best camera or housing type or any other install info to help with the salty air?

Ive used some Extreme CCTV EX82s (now Bosch) which have been on the ocean for approx 10 years now... solid housing ... ofcourse I have also used regular bullets at my own place on the beach but they have been only a few years at a time ... they normally die for other reasons before any real corrosion kicks in. Ofcourse stainless steel screws and caulking should be kept on hand.

Ive used some Extreme CCTV EX82s (now Bosch) which have been on the ocean for approx 10 years now... solid housing ... ofcourse I have also used regular bullets at my own place on the beach but they have been only a few years at a time ... they normally die for other reasons before any real corrosion kicks in. Ofcourse stainless steel screws and caulking should be kept on hand.

+1

wouldn't know much about saltwater, but I like to seal everything up with silicone for sure