radioalarm

AVT AVC777 record quality fps problem

I have AVC777 16cam DVR plus AVC732 webserver (horrible device). It seems that my recording rate is stuck at about 1fps, at least that's what I see through server. I'm not using motion triggers or alarms, just timer for 24 hours. Previously it was set to 12fps/basic, I've changed to 18A/high, but the recorded video is still very jerky.

I connect to server through LAN, so the link speed is not a problem. And the live picture looks fine too. The picture looks ok when I accelerate the recording to 16x, so it's not a HDD glitch.

Do I have to reset something after changing record fps?

I take it that you do not a DVR that has a network connection therefore the reason for the webserver?

How many cameras do you have connected?

I am thinking that there is a lag between the DVR, and the webserver, and then the lag getting it on to the internet.

Question: What kind of internet connections do you have? Entry level, or super high speed level?

If everything looks good on the LAN then it may be your internet Service provider issue.

I take it that you do not a DVR that has a network connection therefore the reason for the webserver?

Exactly. 777 doesn't have lan.

How many cameras do you have connected?

I am thinking that there is a lag between the DVR, and the webserver, and then the lag getting it on to the internet.

Question: What kind of internet connections do you have? Entry level, or super high speed level?

If everything looks good on the LAN then it may be your internet Service provider issue.

It's not a connection problem, as I stated in my first post, because live feed over webserver looks fine. I'm on the same network as server, no internet links involved.

OK! I see what you are talking about now.

25 IPS Images Per Second is 12 FPS.

This DVR does not record 30 FPS per channel.

Your video is going to be "jumpy", and there is not much you can do except move up to another DVR that has 480 FPS for 16 channels.

I have AVC777 16cam DVR plus AVC732 webserver (horrible device).

Yes it is as it was designed in 2003/2004. The marketing would even say "built in VCR, and Multiplexor"! LOL!

It seems that my recording rate is stuck at about 1fps, at least that's what I see through server.

It's not a connection problem, as I stated in my first post, because live feed over webserver looks fine.

Live video is refreshed quicker then the recording rate. Are you using the browser to view, or are you using Video Server S (or the very few that were updated to Video Server E)? Watching recorded video is going to give you jumpy video because this is not a 480 FPS machine (divided by 16 = 30FPS per channel).

I cannot find it, but somewhere I believe is says the DVR records total at 120 IPS which would be 60 FPS divide by 9 channels (you have to turn off the unused channes) equals 6.66 Frames per second.

The person who sold you this device, did they tell you this machine records at 30 FPS??????

Interlaced image?

I cannot find it, but somewhere I believe is says the DVR records total at 120 IPS which would be 60 FPS divide by 9 channels (you have to turn off the unused channes) equals 6.66 Frames per second.

The person who sold you this device, did they tell you this machine records at 30 FPS??????

Is it common for DVRs to be so limited? Sorry for stupid question, but I'm kinda new to this video surveillance field. 1fps is not acceptible when you are trying to see thief's face, and he shows it for like 2 seconds.

I inherited this monster along with the building

Interlaced image?

Is it common for DVRs to be so limited? Sorry for stupid question, but I'm kinda new to this video surveillance field. 1fps is not acceptible when you are trying to see thief's face, and he shows it for like 2 seconds.

I inherited this monster along with the building

its just the age of the machine over time they get better and better. but you still get the unbranded companys selling bad fps dvrs. they call them ips to make them look good. always look for dvrs with no less than 12fps on each camera. even avtech have better machines now i am shure scorpion could do you a upgrade. also i have just pm you a play with demo of fps

The answer would be no, most DVRs would not have this issue. You have a first generation DVR, and it was built to be in the budget price range. Back then no one wanted to pay $2000.00 for a DVR, and this DVR was a great value with limitations.

The new entry level pieces of garbage will run circles around most DVRs from the 2004 time frame.

Price of hard drives have come down, or the size of the drive has increase by an obcene amount of storage.

I would say that you are ready for an upgrade.

You will be in the $2000.00 price range if you want a good commercial DVR.