cctvfan

Remote playback with I-View

Looking for the best way to playback remotely using I-View. Currently relying on these but each has shortcomings.

1 IE browser playback. Lack of control (basically none) once playback has started.

2 FreeView Pro. Must download clips first, can't search/play from server directly.

3 EzLanPlayback. Work for mapped drives on LAN only. As in 2, need to "re-search" every time before clip search.

I hope we could play off server directly, and with full playback control (motion search, pause & step through frames, etc). Did I miss some functions on the system? Most embedded DVRs can do those things.

Yes you can on freeview pro.

When connecting, you much choose remote playbank, then after you connect, you choose what cameras you want to search on, then the search dialog will pop up.

After this happens, you do your search, as if you where in front of the server, the file will start to play, and of you want to be able to stop, pause, ETC.. right click on the video clip and the controls will come up.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hermin

Thanks Hermin!

The problem is, the control is still very limited. Yes I can start & stop, but even search is gone. On the local server, events are arranged nicely by dates (calendar) and are timestamped. What's more, I can jump between events freely.

But on the remote window, a search query that spans a week easily returns 300 events. Two problems:

1/ No info on the time or even date of an event (except each is named like 1 of 273, 2 of 273, 3 of 273, etc.) until I actually bring up the clip to see the graphically overlaid timestamp.

2/ Cannot jump directly to an event. For instance, after finding out 17 of 273 is at 10:00am, and suppose I'm looking for something at 4:00pm, I can't easily skip to say 37 of 273. Instead I have to advance through all events one by one (no need to play each of them but at least have to keep pressing the "next clip" button).

I like the I-View card very much. The fast/slow motion playback is great. But the remote playback is a bit limited. Please correct me if I'm still missing something. Thanks.

This is what I have been conveying to him

I need my disk analysis and search by motion, i dont need object search or other fancy stuff ... they really gotta work on the search .. i had started to write something which would actually do it, basically a second server running on the DVR PC, it shares that video directory, and the client software maps out the files there using the dates/names. etc. .. Id rather leave that to them though as it will take a long time to get that finished .. Plus they already have the code to connect to the DVR server and map the drive, it cant be that hard to ad in there ..?

While on the subject of I-View playback...

When I search remotely by period it always responds with no video clips. For instance, I just searched for clips after 2005/04/26 and receive the no clips message. Then I search by camera and all clips become available, even those created on 2005/04/26.... Any ideas, I can't see where I must set anything, the login I'm using has all functions allowed.

Bill

Rory, Can't agree more with you. Object & smart searches are fancy features, but motion search is essential. It would be embarassing to show customers the need to traverse returned events sequentially, and "in the dark", especially after criticizing their time lapse VCRs.

Try this, when you click the connect button, and it pops up, then you goto Select the drop down for Playback, make sure the SELECT cameras box on the right is checked. So when you search it asks you to select all cameras, or you can check individual camera boxes.

In the software version I wrote it will ask you by default, but I dont have the playback features as i designed it for live view only, though it will play back that time frame.

Live video with select cameras checked is my default. When I drop down to remote playback, select cameras remains checked but is also greyed out so you cannot change it in this mode.

After connecting I do have the option to select all or individual cameras.

Yes, I select individual cameras or all cameras and get the same response, no video clips... only searching by period. If I select all videos, it works correctly and includs the clips I tried selectying by any period I tried.

Are you using all the latest software?

If you want, can set up a temporary user name and pass so I can get in and check it out?

Rory

bill, did you ever get the New 2.8E version of the software?

It adresses this problem.

I'm setting up the download link on my website so that all can get the new version.

The select cameras on the remote playback is greyed out by default. It must be enabled so that search dialog can also display a option to select one or all cameras, plus they are also adding OBject Tracking.

I-VIEW is working on version 2.9, which will redo the search dialog to a more understandable way, plus add disk mapping. Other features are a POS box, like geo, but instead of using a COM port connection, it will use a Ethernet connection, thus giving you greater distance with a regular CAT5 cable from the register to the DVR.

I will post the link later tonight for the "e" version of the software, the only thing to keep in mind is that this version is not released yet, it's still in testing. I have throughly tested this version, and I feel confident enough that I'm releasing it first.

Hermin

Hermin:

I have 2.8e on the server only, didn't realize until our conversation that I needed the e version for FreeviewPro also. I'l lbe waiting for your link.

Thanks for everyone's responses.