regulluz

16ch DVR Card Recommendation

Hello All!

I've been reading the forums trying to find answers but everything is so disperse, and there is sooo much info. Hopefully this post will answer some questions and/or lead me to the right direction.

I'm looking for a nice card to build a decent PC Based DVR. I currently have a 8 year old DigiMerge stand alone DVR and I have hit the limitations wall. For example, it doesn't work with my iPhone (unless I purchase an expensive add-on); Searching for specific times in recorded content feels like using a VCR; It stops recording if you want to look into recorded stuff.. etc.

I built a Geovision GV-650 system that worked fine. Not what I was expecting, but worked. I then realized the card was fake, the seller didn't informed and well, I don't want to fall into fake again. The GV-650 does fine, but I want more. I want smooth, almost or full real-time recording/viewing, the ability to watch from my iPhone and multi user support, etc.

I don't have a problem with building the system, configuring the network, etc. My problem is with selecting the right DVR card.

Also, in cameras, which one do you recommend. I have these old 320x240 capable cams (or so, I think). Are there any better resolution cameras out there? What's the pricing and what do you guys recommend.

Thanks for your time and for anything in advance!

-Reg

Avermedia NV6480e is a good card. It's also a hybrid so it can record high resolution IP cams for when the price drops enough for the average Joe or your budget allows. In the right circumstances, megapixel IP cams can actually save you money by reducing your camera count.

For prices on the card, check on NewEgg or PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Also, for analog cameras I've been using Eclipse for while and CNB most recently. I can send you sample shots if you'd like.

Hi bpzle!

Thanks for the reply! I see that you have something to do with Avermedia. Please don't feel bad, but I was looking for a more unbiased answer and maybe yours is. I just need to read a bit more.

About the cameras, I went on to Newegg and, is it that cameras have become cheaper? I see some at $60 and people like them. Also, there are not many megapixel cameras to choose from, at least in NewEgg.

Since you have been the only answer so far... send me whatever info I "need" and I'll take a look.

Thanks again, and if someone has some more, it'll be appreciated.

Reg

Hahah... Ya I can see how it may come off that I'm pushing Aver for my own agenda... but not really. I sell/ service/ install a huge variety of products. I advertise that I'm an Avermedia dealer because I believe in the products. I'm a authorized dealer for other manufacturers... but I choose not to mention them for a reason.

I only mentioned NewEgg because I know a lot of people order Aver cards off there. I get much better pricing though.

I wouldn't buy cameras off NewEgg. Cameras haven't gotten cheaper... there have always been cheap cameras. It's like anything else... you get what you pay for