PilotGuy

Does anybody know if these Network Video Servers are good?

The general advice you'll find here is not to buy any CCTV products from fleaBay. You'll never know exactly what you're getting, and if it has a problem, dealing with the seller is often a major headache.

125210_1.jpg

Hi i am looking for a IP Network Video Server and have come across this one on Ebay, can anyone give me some advice on if this is any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Security-Network-Video-Server-Convert-CCTV-to-IP-Camera_W0QQitemZ350281444843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item518e66adeb

Hi Pilotguy.

some things are missing off the ebay discription. you do know you will need to keep your pc on 24/7 also you will need a good size H/D to hold the recordings. for a little bit more money you would be best just buying a network dvr from a brand name company.

Ebay can be OK, but ONLY if you know what you're buying. If you don't, you're better off having somebody help you out.

Hi i am looking for a IP Network Video Server and have come across this one on Ebay, can anyone give me some advice on if this is any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Security-Network-Video-Server-Convert-CCTV-to-IP-Camera_W0QQitemZ350281444843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item518e66adeb

Hi Pilotguy.

some things are missing off the ebay discription. you do know you will need to keep your pc on 24/7 also you will need a good size H/D to hold the recordings. for a little bit more money you would be best just buying a network dvr from a brand name company.

Hi Guys/Gals,

My name is Ron and it's prob obvious that I'm new here and need a lot of help.

Will a network dvr provide Internet access to the videos w/o having a PC connected? Is it possible to connect directly to a modem or router w/o a PC/Mac?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

The network DVR (actually any kind of DVR) IS a computer (for some kind of DVR, it IS a PC). No extra PC is needed for your application.