hambone13

CAmera menu, is it possible to change on DVR?

Have a Nuvico camera with a onboard menu. In order to make changes you must use the remote control and make changes on a monitor close to camera. They state that you must use a Novico DVR to access the menu through the DVR. That was only stated as DVR in manual, but after the fact found it must be their brand.

I have a PC with a DVR card installed. (Only used for this purpose) It supports PTZ, and I can zoom in and out using software. So know I have the cable and RS485 set up correctly.

Now the question is, can anything be done to get the camera menu to show up on the monitor and make changes with a keyboard without climbing on roof with a remote, small monitor and using remote to make changes.

Just asking, the camera needs on the roof of garage.

thanks for any help. J. S.

Depends whether the DVR can send the proper commands via the protocol being used. For example, I can hook the same camera configured for Pelco P to both Vigil and Video Insight PC-based DVRs, but where the Vigil has "buttons" to invoke the camera menus, the VI interface does not.

If the camera supports Pelco protocols, you could try something like PTZ Controller from www.serialporttool.com