Hi.

I have a kodicom 4400R card with 4 chip bt878A. When I used WDM drivers BTWincap for card, it is based on bt878 chip. I tried open all source drivers by AMCap but it shows only blue screen. I don't know why. . How to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

I feel your pain and have searched hi & low for a generic WDM windows driver --all the generic BT848/878 drivers fail. I popped mine in a Linux Zoneminder and it works.

Edit modules.conf as follows:

modprobe bttv gbuffers=16 card=133,132,133,133

or

edit your modprobe.conf to include

options bttv gbuffers=16 card=133,132,133,133

requires a 2.6.12 kernel but fully supported in a 2.6.13

I tried and failed on the 2.6.12 but succeeded on the 2.6.13

When using all 16 channels plug the additional BNC's onto the headers bearing in mind the first 4 are on the card. but the order of the channels is 1,2,3,4,9,8,5,4,13,12,11,10,15,14,7,6

Two Cards in a single box ****

Two 4400r cards - labeled as se-120 (4 8778 chips/card)

It is setup with :

/dev/video0 channel 0

/dev/video1 channel 1

/dev/video2 channel 2

/dev/video3 channel 3

/dev/video4 channel 0

/dev/video5 channel 1

/dev/video6 channel 2

/dev/video7 channel 3

1.modprobe.conf

alias char-major-81 bttv

options bttv gbuffers=32 card=0x85,0x84,0x85,0x85,0x85,0x84,0x85,0x85 tuner=4

If color cameras show black and white

Adding chroma_agc=1 to your modprobe line might fix it.

Eg.

options bttv gbuffers=16 card=133,132,133,133 chroma_agc=1

Thsk, I used Windowns OS. I readed on the internet, this card can't works with BTwincap because it has a crosspoint video switch (CD22M3494MQ chip) on the board. It realy is just a matter of shorten 4 the inputs with 4 outputs to disable the matrix chip. I shorted the firts 4 inputs of card with 4 outputs (YO-Y3) on the matrix chip. But it still not work. Maybe it was wrong at any point there.

excellent--how did you get it to work? The more details the better. I know I'm not the only user that has gone blue in the face trying every profile in the BTwincap driver.

I have installed Diginet and tried btspy--no go. Other companies are making clones of the card and a way to get them to be able to use generic drivers and software would be great.

Ummm--using what profile? what tweaked settings..? As the other person posted on the thread the issue is the crosspoint switch which has stymied ever other user I have ever seen trying to make it work

Probably ok in 32 bit, and as mentioned XP.

I got a Geovision card working using BTSpy.

Though it was limited to 1 channel on a 2 channel card.

Ummm--using what profile? what tweaked settings..? As the other person posted on the thread the issue is the crosspoint switch which has stymied ever other user I have ever seen trying to make it work

Check out those screenshots, they might help (even most parts are in spanish).

http://www.twistedtienda.com/tarjeta-dvr-aop108-8ch-200fps-btwincap-active-webcam-a-47.html

I have successfully used the following 3 cards with Bt878 chip with no problemas at all, on Windows Xp and with BTWinCap:

http://www.twistedtienda.com/tarjeta-dvr-pci-aop104-4ch-video-25fps-bt878-p-103.html

http://www.twistedtienda.com/tarjeta-dvr-pci-aop416-4ch-video-100fps-bt878-p-421.html

http://www.twistedtienda.com/tarjeta-dvr-pci-aop108-8ch-video-200fps-bt878-p-391.html

I think I know the issue. The Kodicom cards and their clones might have different crosspoint video chips. The original poster mentioned that his chip was CD22M3494MQ . Mine is a MT8816AP.

I looked at the screen caps you posted and I too set my driver to the the number 82 profile-generic w/4 inputs.

Like Rory I was able to get 1 input to work in an instance.

I think if the crosspoint chip differs then so do your results. But thank you for posting those screen caps. Your card might have yet a different chip that works well with BTwincap

The only difference is that when I profiled I did not choose PAL and spain..I used NTSC and USA

Edited by Guest

Hi. I’m using Win7 32bit. Kodicom card like the second screen cap. I tried several times my card with Bt878 but only was blue screen. After I tested another card 1 chip is Pico2000 ( it’s like card at the first screen cap), it worked very well although only one display image.

I pulled the datasheet of 878A chip and I have found why My card always not work. Btwincap use pin Mux3 of 878A chip to display image while kodicom card connect with pin Mux0. Then I just manualy shorted the input of camera with pin Mux3 by soldering. This is quite difficult because pin Mux0 is very thin.

I put the card back in and . The Card works immediately!

Note: we need 2 wires to short the input and pin Mux3. 1 - short the input of camera at the resistor 750 on upper card to output of matrix chip and 2- short pin Mux 3 to pin Mux0 of 878A chip. Then. All software support WDM driver can connect it.

I think I know the issue. The Kodicom cards and their clones might have different crosspoint video chips. The original poster mentioned that his chip was CD22M3494MQ . Mine is a MT8816AP.

The cards I use have chip CD22M3494MQZ I would say...

It is printed as

CD22M

3494MQZ

P0801BB39

Hi. I’m using Win7 32bit. Kodicom card like the second screen cap. I tried several times my card with Bt878 but only was blue screen. After I tested another card 1 chip is Pico2000 ( it’s like card at the first screen cap), it worked very well although only one display image.

I pulled the datasheet of 878A chip and I have found why My card always not work. Btwincap use pin Mux3 of 878A chip to display image while kodicom card connect with pin Mux0. Then I just manualy shorted the input of camera with pin Mux3 by soldering. This is quite difficult because pin Mux0 is very thin.

I put the card back in and . The Card works immediately!

Note: we need 2 wires to short the input and pin Mux3. 1 - short the input of camera at the resistor 750 on upper card to output of matrix chip and 2- short pin Mux 3 to pin Mux0 of 878A chip. Then. All software support WDM driver can connect it.

I don't understand what you did. Do you have a picture of the card? I'm interested in doing the same.