Which IP cameras would you recommend for day/night operations?

Would you recommend IR illuminators for areas with complete darkness?

Which IP cameras would you recommend for day/night operations?

Check out the Panasonic 502.

Would you recommend IR illuminators for areas with complete darkness?

Yes, if you want covert, semi covert, or don't want light pollution. The white leds are awesome if light pollution is not an issue.

Best,

Christopher

Arecont 3135 and Mobotix m12 very good. Axis, Arecont, Mobotix, Panasonic, Sanyo all have true day night megapixel ip cameras. Yes you will need ir or white light in areas with little or no light.

Wireguys, any idea what would be a good all in one IP camera that could replace an EX82 .. megapixel ofcourse .. looking to offer something to this client that has had these EX82s up for the past 10 years . Basically most of them are in pitch dark at night and need to see at least 100' 30 degree angle as the Ex 82 does now .. doesnt even have to be MP at night .. but day would be nice. The client has money so thats not a problem, though they said recently when we are about to replace an EX82 camera that went bad (the 2nd lot they bought a couple years back have been nothing but problems, the first lot have lasted from the first install approx 10 years ago! But they are all on the way out now - right on the ocean), they dont need anything amazing .. but i Know if I show them the latest and greatest and a better image they would jump at it .. they like to buy things just because I would probably lean more towards Mobotix but not sure what is the best.

Wireguys, any idea what would be a good all in one IP camera that could replace an EX82 .. megapixel ofcourse .. looking to offer something to this client that has had these EX82s up for the past 10 years . Basically most of them are in pitch dark at night and need to see at least 100' 30 degree angle as the Ex 82 does now .. doesnt even have to be MP at night .. but day would be nice. The client has money so thats not a problem, though they said recently when we are about to replace an EX82 camera that went bad (the 2nd lot they bought a couple years back have been nothing but problems, the first lot have lasted from the first install approx 10 years ago! But they are all on the way out now - right on the ocean), they dont need anything amazing .. but i Know if I show them the latest and greatest and a better image they would jump at it .. they like to buy things just because I would probably lean more towards Mobotix but not sure what is the best.

rory, EX82, is an old Arecont dual camera in housing with IR iluminator

Just, possible cheaper solution idea, with the same result :0

About Mobotix. Excellent reliability, but picture quality should be better, when compare Price/Picture ratio

I'm test Mobotix dual imager in competition with Arecont. Arecont picture results is better.

You can try Sony CCD megapixel cameras. Not lots of megapixel, but we got relay good results with that cameras And Sony has "Light funnel" feature. Decrease of megapixels at night, but summarize sensitivity of nearby pixels, to got clear picture at night.

Also, Sanyo. Excellent day picture, possibility got good night picture, but reliability is not so good, and "stupid" settings. No custom settings flexibility.... But this is time question, i wish...

EX82s were around years before Arecont was established, totally different companies and totally different products. EX82 was the FIRST dual camera in the industry. I installed my first EX82 some 10 years ago.

I would use the Arecont 3130 with some IR. Mobotix is very good but it is more of a closed solution and the software is not the easiest to use.

Actually I would be looking for a more closed solution, no large housings .. I dont mind complicated software long as it is worth messing with ..

Thanks .. yeah Im thinking if Im going to use something I might as also use something others in this country may find too complicated ..the more complicated the better .. like job security Right now anyone can stick up a regular CCTV camera .. or they think they can .. either way that market is saturated now.

EX82s were around years before Arecont was established, totally different companies and totally different products. EX82 was the FIRST dual camera in the industry. I installed my first EX82 some 10 years ago.

Sorry, my mistake. I'm about EX85.....

Some cameras are better at night than others, some mislead you into thinking they are good at night like Arecont and they midnight mode that is nothing more than extending the exposure time, but with a huge trade off totally blurring having anything moving in the video. Some camera are better, like Mobotix, but still not perfect. Panasonics also do well here.

There's no substitute for light because even the best night sensor uses light reflecting of the sensor to make an image. So yes, you'll need some form of IR illuminators for anything that is not well lit at night and street lights are not well lit because the angle of the light is in a way that creates shadows on subjects faces. The common trend is to use one that uses LED's and they are specified by distance they work to, like 20 meters and the angle the cast the light at. Then you can use 4th grade geometry to figure out the width of the light at different distances. Popular brands include Axis, Raytec, Bosch, Pelco, Extreme.