nightduke

passive balum twisted pair transmission

hi i need to transmist video and power signal of 325 meters.

it's possible to use passive balun twisted pair?

it's possible to give over power using utp cat 5e wire?i will lose quality and power?

how can i put power? can i use poe switch? if i use different kind of camera, how can i give voltage and amperage correclty?

Thanks

Yes. It may be iffy at that distance with cheap baluns; you want to make sure to use quality brands. Depending on whether it picks up noise along the way, you may find you need an active unit at one end, but in theory, passive should be fine.

it's possible to give over power using utp cat 5e wire?i will lose quality and power?

You won't lose quality, but you will see substantial voltage drop over that distance, even using all three pairs... at 500mA draw, you'd get about 3V loss, so for a 12V camera, you'd need about 15V at the source.

how can i put power? can i use poe switch?

No. PoE - Power over Ethernet - is for powering network cameras. Standard ethernet, though, has a maximum length of 100m.

if i use different kind of camera, how can i give voltage and amperage correclty?

If possible, use cameras that can run on 24VAC - you'll have less problem from losses. Better yet, use cameras that support dual-voltage (12VDC/24VAC) and then use a 24VAC power supply.

There's a handy calculator here for determining voltage loss over Cat5. Remember when filling in the boxes, standard Cat5e wires are 24AWG, and you want to use all three pairs for power.

how can i put power? can i use poe switch? if i use different kind of camera, how can i give voltage and amperage correclty?

Thanks

you might find it better to go power / video / audio over single coax this way is good for 500m