Mooglebass

Problem with GV800

A while back my co-worker built this computer. A decent one for what he uses them for. Well he had me finish building it for him and install windows and and install all the software he needed. He also had me install a Geovision card for him so he can watch his home. Had some neighborhood kids cause problems around his house and all. I have previous experience with DVR units but just Pelco DVRs.

This computer worked fine for him for what he needed it for for about a year now. He told me he was having problems with it and all. I told him I will look and see what I can find for him.

The problems he has had with it is. It will randomly shut off and wont come back on. He said there are no warnings just the whole system shuts off. What would cause this to start happening now?

Also he said some of his pictures are white from the cameras. I think thats the SWAN cameras or that they are outside and dirty.

Here are the specs. I am mostly concerned about the shut offs.

Intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8GHZ

3.25 gb Ram

Nvidia GT 8800( i think, I forgot to look)

1.29 TB of free disk space.

GV800 Card PCI(fake or not, not sure. He bought it from where I don't know)

and 8.3 software. Any tips and ideas will help me out on this. Thanks.

Hi,

1-What Chipset does the Motherboard have? They typically recommend Intel chipsets.

2-Try it without the video card, use onboard see if that makes a difference. Recording will stay the same, just has to support direct draw overlay for full screen or may get error (any modern onboard Intel video will work).

3-Disable the video loss beep/watchdog.

4-Disable any camera inputs not in use.

5-Make sure it is not a fake card, hacked drivers can cause it to crash or have issues.

i had the same problem before with a geo 650.it shuts off automatically and won't restart. my problem is with an incompatible VIA chipset motherboard and a processor issue. i hope i can help with this

Well. I havent looked at the card since it was late last night. I know the DVD that came with the card is on a dvd-r.... So I will venture to say that it is a faked card.

the Motherboard is a gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L no onboard video