I need your advise on this dome. I am planning to use it for our 70' x 70' parking lot. There are motion lights and also some street lights. How is the image quality specially at night?

I already tried CNB VBM-24VF, but can't see the face after more than a few feets. This dome will give us good face recognition at a distance we need (per IP/CCTV design tool) but I am concerned about image quality. So what do you think?

TIA

shropna

Thanks and pardon my ignorance, but why does night shot look so awful? I was expecting much better image from a 4MP True Day/Night Camera. Can it be tweaked further? However, day shot look good to me. Any Idea know how far is black pickup truck from the camera?

I got below when trying to connect to your link:

09/06/2010 6:13:25 W02 POWER RECOVER(POWER LOSS 07/06/2010 7:27:12)

TIA.

Thanks and pardon my ignorance, but why does night shot look so awful? I was expecting much better image from a 4MP True Day/Night Camera. Can it be tweaked further? However, day shot look good to me. Any Idea know how far is black pickup truck from the camera?

just curios, what do you expect from night shot ?

Don't get me wrong.... I was only comparing it with night shot of mobotix m12's.... BTW, shouldn't a 4MP produce a better picture than a 3MP?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&start=225

Yes and No

As number of pixels Yes

but quality could be bad

too many cameras on market

with the same pix count

too many variables to talk about

I personally like Sanyo cams

and I don't like or care about night shots

up to my customers to decide

if u find night you like plz post

just curios

and I don't like or care about night shots

im the opposite .. 99% of my clients only care about night shots . .. its when all the criminals come out to play

BUT .. big BUT .. I am starting to lean more towards MP cameras .. if only for the fact there are very few if any doing that here. The cost is still the killer here, we pay more hefty shipping plus customs duty.

BUT .. big BUT .. I am starting to lean more towards MP cameras ..

Say what?!?!

Can't wait to finally see a good shot of that Jeep of yours...

Say what?!?!

" title="Applause" />

shropna

I got below when trying to connect to your link:

09/06/2010 6:13:25 W02 POWER RECOVER(POWER LOSS 07/06/2010 7:27:12)

TIA.

Pickup is not far away. Only 10 meters about. Lighting - one natrium lamp at parking center..

That camera can produce "better" night picture, but only with slow shutter. Thats difference between another megapixel cameras You can see more "better" results with another cameras at still picture, but please, ask somebody to walk around cars in parking

About link. Not only me manage cameras on that link. You can see different cameras on that address, also, bad adjusted cameras....

At that moment camera isn't 3500.... And not my adjusted

Say what?!?!

Obviously not at night though

Just use that existing bullet as an IR illuminator

lol .. actually there is a ton of light but no way could i afford an mp camera just to watch a vehicle.

If you want to get your feet wet with Megapixel, I'd second the recommendation of Acti, probably the cheapest way to go with something decent, their newer firmwares keep adding a lot of nice features.

An ACM-4201 (I use a lot of these indoors) with a better lens (the one it comes with is crap), and put into an enclosure, would do pretty well if you have good lighting (no D/N cutfilter). Probably the lowest cost option.

ACM-1231 (Bullet) or ACM-7411 (dome) would be the next step up.

Their newest firmwares include UP&P, Bonjour, and SNMP management. I'm planning to add SNMP to one of my larger sites soon, to help with alerting for outages and network problems.

Acti doesn't seem to have published the SNMP OID's, though, so it looks like I'm going to have to do a SNMP walk on it and try to determine what the OID values mean (has anyone already tried this?)

What style and make/ model of lenses you using?

I knew they were interchangeable but never payed attention or tried anything on the couple I've installed.

I've been using the Fujinon YV2.8x2.8SA-2, it's a 2.8-8mm, F1.2 Megapixel model, but any true megapixel lens would be a huge improvement. I'll try to post some before and after shots next week, but the difference is huge, really worth the extra cost.