rory

Anyone used the CNB V2760NIR

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1017

A client brought one in, its just to look at a gate entrance from the top of the 7' wall on the side of the gate, so doesnt even need to be a great image, but its pitch dark and night so IR needs to blast the small area which it will.

Anyway, I just tested it, connected direct to a monitor so no sample images yet ..

Without AGC It is fine inside a place with alot of light, in fact the image colors are great. However, with IR on and lights off it is terrible, a really faint little 20 degree or less IR beam .. outside with a Dusk to Dawn light which other cheap color only cameras do GREAT in, it is very dim and pixelised and even stays in a BW mode .. which is like COME ON there is a TON of light there, the camera there now is fine and it is a $50 bullet! .. there are some settings to turn the contrast etc up, but really that will prove disastrous at the location it is going at, as during the day it is 110% sunlight and the walls and walkway are WHITE. That is one reason I would like to drop the AGC which seems to make everything much brighter and has no settings for it. With AGC the colors are washed out inside with lighting.

Anyone else used this camera and had any luck with it?

Did you have to turn down the contrast some more, or any other settings?

I would really be annoyed if their true day nights work the same way as this, at least the AGC should actually work and adjust depending on the light, this doesnt appear to be doing so, at least not when there is alot of light available. This AGC setting reminds me of the days of Super AGC, thats how it is acting.

I understand this is one of their less expensive vandal domes, but still ..

If anything I expected the IR to be a short distance, not the image to look so bad.

I did expect perhaps the colors to be washed out a little it being a Color IR camera onlu, no biggy as I am looking at white anyway in this case!

On the plus side, there is no IR reflection.

I will try to get some images from it ..

I've used the 1760 cube, I think it has the same sensor but for indoors and no IR.

I think the one your talking about is designed as a backup camera for a vehicle. In which case it only needs to project maybe 15ft at the most and would also have reverse lights to help it.

No, this is a Vandal IR Dome.

Ahhh... Then we might have used that one a few weeks back... I'll have to check my invoices and see if it is.

It turned out to be okay with AGC on etc .. just a little glary though .. but for the app Im using it for. I would not use it again though. Amazingly it did light up the dark area here by me more then the ECL-598HIM did ... but ofcourse at a cost, colors in day are off some. I did a test of the camera using my AvTech DVR but cant get the video off it to show you guys unfortunately .. there is a problem with the date and such it keeps giving an error trying to backup . .. oh well its not that important .. next time

We did use the 2760 a while back... and it served it's purpose for what we intended it. Close range entry ways.

BUT, I do partially agree with you... No comparison to our Korean off brands or even the Monalisas. Unfortunately, our favorites were out of stock at the time and we needed something ASAP.