G22

Bestest 4-channel DVR Cards

Other than GEOVISION and if there are any... what are the best of the best 4-channel DVR Cards/software combo that can record 30fps on all 4 channels simultaneously with the highest possible resolution on each channel (704x240 at least)?

Well, dont know about the best, thats like asking whats the best looking girl in the world ..?

Iview has a 4channel 120fps, thats 30 per camera, 640x480, Mpeg4-s, Mjpeg, Wavelet, Selectable.

I-view can record at 640x480 on all 4 channels simultaneoulsy while still recording 30fps on each camera?

Id like to say yes, but I wont know 100% until I connect 2 more cameras up to it this weekend. Right now its doing 2 cameras in real time in 640x480. You can see a recorded clip right on my web site.

Rory

yes its on my home page, on the right hand side, there is the browser demo, need to enable pop ups and active x prompt where its disabled, or download the demo software, both are customized GUIs by myself

There is also a video clip t hat you can download either in AVI or WMV, AVI is the raw recorded file. I am recording in Wavelet (for higher quality) at 640x480, and Streaming in Mpeg4 for near real time over the internet.

Also, my screen resolution is 640x480 also, so it is clear when i put a camera in full screen.

Rory

I-view can record at 640x480 on all 4 channels simultaneoulsy while still recording 30fps on each camera?

Well, I'm not going to lie, but basically yes, when I first tested it, I was a little reserved to think that it could be done, but the real world FPS that I got was between 27-30fps recording.

yes its on my home page, on the right hand side, there is the browser demo, need to enable pop ups and active x prompt where its disabled, or download the demo software, both are customized GUIs by myself

There is also a video clip t hat you can download either in AVI or WMV, AVI is the raw recorded file. I am recording in Wavelet (for higher quality) at 640x480, and Streaming in Mpeg4 for near real time over the internet.

Also, my screen resolution is 640x480 also, so it is clear when i put a camera in full screen.

Rory

Interesting. So you can record using 1 compession format, and at the same time stream in another format? That about if you want to play back video over the net? Will it recompress it in for example MPEG4 even if it was recorded in Wavelet??? Still not sure how these dvr/cards really work

Yep .. dont know how it works but it is software related ...but yeah it is being recorded on the server in Wavelet, and then I can still choose which method I want to use to stream the video ...rememeber, its a server running on the PC DVR, it just takes the video off the card, the software does alot of the work also.