highjoke

Make cctv channel in a building.

Hello,

I am doing CCTV installation in 6 family building. Is it possible to make a single TV channel so all dwelllings can view a front door camera.

Thank you.

fairly easy. for a standard analog tv setup just put an active split on the door cam, feed into an RF modulator and insert that output into aerial system.

for cable setups i thinks there special gear that pretty much does the same thing.

Does it mean that I have to connect a splitter to a DVR video OUT, then have cable from splitter to each appartment to RF modilator into each TV set ?

Does it mean that I have to connect a splitter to a DVR video OUT, then have cable from splitter to each appartment to RF modilator into each TV set ?

this will only work if all 6 tv are on the same arial to use a rf modulator. if you can get coax to each tv then you will only need a 4in 8 out splitter amp if they are not on the same arial.

typically apartments run one aerial system for he whole building. i its has one then only have to use one rf mod and splice it into aerial system.

if each unit has their own aerial system then you will have to wire the dvr to each one.

if its only door cam you want them to see then spit off the door cam feed, not the DVR output.