itszjay

Record Computer Monitor on DVR along with camera

Hello CCTV Forum, my first post. Anyway, I wanna to buy or built a 16 Channel DVR that will record from cameras and will also record my other computer in the building (via network?) into my DVR and record it. Also It'll connect and display in multi-monitor. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

There are much cheaper and effecient ways of recording what happens on a computer. Lots of spyware software out there...

But, I suppose a way to accomplish what you originally had in mind would be with scan converters. These plug in between your VGA monitor and the PC. They convert the VGA signal to a composite one and allow you to connect to a TV or in your case a DVR.

Basically with these scan converter I can plug my vga output into this box and it will go back into a DVR (from composite out to BNC into the DVR) and it would be able to record it on the cctv system. Also what would you say is the cheapest and most efficient to do such thing like that? Thank you for your reply! " title="Applause" />

like I said, the cheapest most effecient way to record what happens on the PC would not include hooking the PC up to record on the DVR. Just use a spyware tool. Make sure the time is in sync with the DVR, and the footage frorm the cameras and the archived info on the computer would tell you everything you'd need to know, without being tied together. Simpler, cleaner, less stuff to go wrong.