torbenc

Best camera for the money

I need 12-16 cameras for our store.

We are running a 16-ch Geovision system, but only with 4 cameras right now.

The cameras we have, are B/W and we would like to upgrade to color.

Most camera, will have to record in a 2-6 meter range, both in day and night. So IR light would be nice.

2-3 cameras will be outsite (I have housing for them)

I bought for testing purpose, a $20 no-name dome camera at ebay ($20 with shipping)

It works fine at short range, and the IR are impressive. But the image is a lot alike the cameras we have now (pixelated)

Please hit me with some exampels! Used items also have interest!

Best cameras *for the money* right now are probably the CNB Mona Lisa line. 600TVL, outstanding low-light capability, true day/night, no IR needed in most cases.

You won't find them for $20, though. Don't expect much of anything for a measly $20. You think your cheap cameras look "pixelated" now, wait until you compare them to *quality* cameras.

Best cameras *for the money* right now are probably the CNB Mona Lisa line. 600TVL, outstanding low-light capability, true day/night, no IR needed in most cases.

Edit? Best cameras for the money YOU'VE tested, right?

We've had better luck with our company's top secret Korean off brands. CNB doesn't make a bad products, we have lots of sites with them. But they aren't an end all be all. Just seem to be real popular on this forum. Mostly thanks to you, Soundy.

KT&C KPC-VBN190 Color Bullet .. indoors or outdoors

OR the CNB DFL-20s dome for indoors only.

$50 is also very cheap for a camera, so I have no problem with that.

Anyone have a suggestions, where I could get 12-16 pcs. at best price?

Just a little follow up.

The CNB DFL-20s is a indoor only cam.

Does CNB not have one that is weaterproof, but not cost $150 ?

Just a little follow up.

The CNB DFL-20s is a indoor only cam.

Does CNB not have one that is weaterproof, but not cost $150 ?

Yes, they have the VFL-20s, cant say how much it costs, but one of the cheapest outdoor ones they have.

this is basically the dfl-20s, in a vandal housing:

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1155

or this one: (ugly one?)

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1158

or; (never used these)

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1167

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1168

We've had better luck with our company's top secret Korean off brands

Reveal the secret

prepared to buy from Korea? Or in bulk from a small USA office?

lots of good Korean products out there, many just not in the US.

what I meant by secret is that they are made by a large manufacturer in Korea, but they are branded a couple dozen different ways in the US... they also are priced a couple dozen different ways.

I've tested countless products... I only install/ sell what I like. I don't care for the VBM-24VFs anymore. I used to, but today I'm on to something better. Better picture, easier to install, more featuers, better dynamic range, better in low light, blah blah... Who knows, I may find something better tomorrow??

I never stop looking.... Most of my overhead is r&d.

what I meant by secret is that they are made by a large manufacturer in Korea, but they are branded a couple dozen different ways in the US... they also are priced a couple dozen different ways.

I've tested countless products... I only install/ sell what I like. I don't care for the VBM-24VFs anymore. I used to, but today I'm on to something better. Better picture, easier to install, more featuers, better dynamic range, better in low light, blah blah... Who knows, I may find something better tomorrow??

Thank you " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I don't care for the VBM-24VFs anymore.

Oh my!!!

*gasp* I know it... I still use a small handful of CNBs... but meh... I am SO over the VBM-24VFs. lol

I agree Im always looking also, Im still looking for a dome (and a bullet also), similar to that CNB, just a TDN basically, dont need DSS, 1lux color or 0.1lux color with an effective DN switchover, 0.01 lux BW or lower, 2.8-10mm IR Aspherical lens, has a similar OSD as most Korean cameras do these days (eg. Gamma, Sharpness, Iris, AGC, etc), Auto Backfocus would be nice but can live without it, and has the RS485 control for the OSD so I can change the settings remotely without having to go back to the location and up and down the ladder at night to adjust for each different application - but has to be around the same price .. well I would like it to be .. but whatever if it costs a little more then so be it .. thats what I want

One issue I do have with the monalisa domes is they compensate way too much in color, Id rather it just stay in color in the day or with full light, and always goto BW in low light, basically the 24VF's DN switchover is not great IMO. This unfortunately is a similar issue with many current TDN cameras today.

Im happy with the DFL-20s though, great price, good image for the price, and really simple to install - though most clients now want IR in their stores at night as they are not prepared to leave a light on, and thats a whole other headache.