crosseyed66

Has anyone tried the Auto Tracking PTZ cameras - what Brands

I have a customer that wants to utilize PTZ's with Auto-Tracking, I have not personally used any of these units and was hoping for some feedback on different units. I also am curious as to what recording equip that you have used to with the Autotracks, if you had any issues getting them to work well together? Have looked at the Everfocus, as well as the upper end like Bosh. Looking for experiences good or bad. I was planning on using these in addition to fixed cameras, not as the only unit. I always felt that they were more of a "Hail Mary" type of unit. That you could get the perfect shot with it, or you might miss something all together because the unit was tracking someone else while the incident you need to record was happening. Thanks,

I would stay away from them unless your going to use them indoors with little or no traffic. If you want to use them outside look at IOImage but your still gonna have problems with tracking stuff you don't want to. Also if you have a lot of moving objects in the area the camera will feakout and try to track everything thing.

Geovision has a software/hardware based in their server software that works with specific lower end PTZ along with a single fixed camera. Not sure how it works exactly but seen it in action before and looked okay. IMO its just one more thing to go wrong.

I have a customer that wants to utilize PTZ's with Auto-Tracking, I have not personally used any of these units and was hoping for some feedback on different units. I also am curious as to what recording equip that you have used to with the Autotracks, if you had any issues getting them to work well together? Have looked at the Everfocus, as well as the upper end like Bosh. Looking for experiences good or bad. I was planning on using these in addition to fixed cameras, not as the only unit. I always felt that they were more of a "Hail Mary" type of unit. That you could get the perfect shot with it, or you might miss something all together because the unit was tracking someone else while the incident you need to record was happening. Thanks,

This is the biggest issue with auto-tracking: unless it's driven by some VERY advanced analytics, with a LOT of programming by the user on how that particular user wants to prioritize things, it really has no way of knowing what object the user would really want it to track.

Frankly, I think auto-tracking is largely a gimmick and I suspect unless you dump six figures into it, the customer would end up being disappointed at best, frustrated at worst, with the results.

A better idea would be a panoramic high-megapixel camera that simply records everything around it and lets you zoom in after the fact, wherever you want.

This is the biggest issue with auto-tracking: unless it's driven by some VERY advanced analytics, with a LOT of programming by the user on how that particular user wants to prioritize things, it really has no way of knowing what object the user would really want it to track.

Frankly, I think auto-tracking is largely a gimmick and I suspect unless you dump six figures into it, the customer would end up being disappointed at best, frustrated at worst, with the results.

A better idea would be a panoramic high-megapixel camera that simply records everything around it and lets you zoom in after the fact, wherever you want.

+1

I have installed Bosch and Panasonic. It was an embarrassment when the Bosch missed a UPS truck driving into the driveway. The truck was 40 feet away from the dome.

The Bosch coupled with IVA is awesome. The IVA works on 10 presets. This will filter out most everything you don't want to track. Once an IVA rule is broken then the Autotrack turns on. Put two of these up or a fixed with an Autotrack and you can have one camera tell the other where to look, camera to camera, independent of the head end.