Hello guys,

Have always used Axis IP Cameras, but am looking into using the ACTi TCM-7411 for a special application.

Does anyone have experience with these?

Also I understand it comes with a 16 Cam NVR Software license, how is this software.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

What is your application? What would you like to know?

The software is free. You get what you pay for.

Its not great, but it works... usually. Obviousy its not open platform, so if you have a site you want to use it on you have to go all Acti.

Thanks for replying

As I have not used these in the past i'm concerned about reliability, image quality

Also what software would you recommend to use with them, no special requirements just recording and remote viewing etc.

Reliabilty? I'd say average. They can be a little quirky at times but overall for the price it's by no means a bad camera.

Software? Most of the big names are compatible these days. Avermedia, Vigil, Exacq, Nuuo, Luxriot... I'd say download a trial of each and play around to figure out what works best for you. There's no shortage of biased opinions on this site. The best answers are always in your own real world testing.

There's sample images from some Acti cameras on the Sticky post and they look OK. Not as good as the best from Axis and better than the worst from Axis. I bought an Acti 1231 because I wanted the unique features it offered for the price but I haven't gotten it yet, probably hung up at customs.

Don't count a vendor's free or pay software if there's a chance you'll mix brands later. There's some decent software in the under $100 per server price range that is worth looking at if price is a concern like Castlekeeper from 40thfloor, BlueIris Software & H264soft that support a wide array of cameras.