iwancs

DVR DDNS Refresh Time

Hi, i want to ask if someone know what is the refresh time of the DVR to update ip to DDNS server? Most of my DVRs are avtech 760 series. Almost every 2 days my DVR is not accessible from the internet, and can be access again after 2 days.

And is there a way to configure the refresh time?

Or what is better, using DVR DDNS client or the ADSL DDNS client?

Thanks for the help

Iwan

If your router supports DDNS, I say go for it. I have seen many DVRs that seem to update the DDNS info only on restart, so you either make them restart daily at a given time, or risk having the DVRs disconnected from the world.

Using DDNS clients on routers (mainly DSL routers) I think I have never seen this problem, they surely know for sure when the public IP has changed the second it does, and update the DDNS records acordingly.

hmm, thanks for the advise, i'll try it out. I'm sure you know DynDNS right, what is the update limit for the free use?I've tried to set DDNS on the router, and dyndns complain that i update the dns to often and they lock me out. Thanks

Iwan

No idea on that issue, never happened to me.

I do know them very well, it is the service I use 95% of the time, but I never had this problem. I guess a router should only update DDNS if it sees that its IP has actually changed... I mean, there should be no problem if the router check every 1 minute, 1 hour, or each reboot, as long as it does not try the update the DDNS IP if it is not a new one.