Barcode

Newbie from Down Under

Hi all,

I'm a newbie as far as CCTV goes and I've been looking for a good site to learn a bit about CCTV and it looks like I've found it.

I have 2 Bosch LTC0455/11 cameras that I want to setup around my house but first I need to get a good understanding of what can or cannot be done.

A very basic question: I was reading on one site that CCTV cameras are analogue and that IP cameras are digital. And that analogue cameras have a coax socket and IP cameras have a network socket. My Bosch cameras have coax sockets yet the label on the camera says it's a Digital Color Camera and all the doco I read on the camera says it is digital.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between CCTV and IP cameras and are my Bosch cameras digital or analogue?

where abouts down under are you?

the camera itself is digital but the video signal is sent as analogue.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie as far as CCTV goes and I've been looking for a good site to learn a bit about CCTV and it looks like I've found it.

I have 2 Bosch LTC0455/11 cameras that I want to setup around my house but first I need to get a good understanding of what can or cannot be done.

A very basic question: I was reading on one site that CCTV cameras are analogue and that IP cameras are digital. And that analogue cameras have a coax socket and IP cameras have a network socket. My Bosch cameras have coax sockets yet the label on the camera says it's a Digital Color Camera and all the doco I read on the camera says it is digital.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between CCTV and IP cameras and are my Bosch cameras digital or analogue?

Welcome to forum

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+between+CCTV+and+IP+cameras+

Edited by Guest

where abouts down under are you?

the camera itself is digital but the video signal is sent as analogue.

Thanks for that tweak'e, I'm in Werribee South about 35km west of melbourne