swade

Video Insight VJ240 questions

I have a Video Insight VJ240 card that was given to me. Can I download the necessary software for this for free? If so, what are the minimum requirements for a pc to run this card?

Thanks for any help

I have a Video Insight VJ240 card that was given to me. Can I download the necessary software for this for free? If so, what are the minimum requirements for a pc to run this card?

Thanks for any help

I believe you can still download the v2.x software from http://www.video-insight.com... v3.x should be available by request but requires a key to install. If you ask, they may be willing to provide it for free or cheap, since their model appears to be mainly based on selling the hardware (or used to be; v4 is all-IP and uses separate IP encoders to support analog cameras, AFAIK).

Note that the VI software is locked to the hardware and will only work with *legitimate* VI cards, so if it's a knockoff or clone, it likely won't work, and nobody here will provide assistance (not supposed to, anyway - it's against the rules).

Thanks for any help

I believe you can still download the v2.x software from http://www.video-insight.com... v3.x should be available by request but requires a key to install. If you ask, they may be willing to provide it for free or cheap, since their model appears to be mainly based on selling the hardware (or used to be; v4 is all-IP and uses separate IP encoders to support analog cameras, AFAIK).

Note that the VI software is locked to the hardware and will only work with *legitimate* VI cards, so if it's a knockoff or clone, it likely won't work, and nobody here will provide assistance (not supposed to, anyway - it's against the rules).

Thanks for the reply. Can you suggest minimum requirements for a PC. I was planning on picking one up at ecost.com

Thanks for the reply. Can you suggest minimum requirements for a PC. I was planning on picking one up at ecost.com

Any "modern" system should be more than sufficient - the last VJ240 machine I built was, I think, 1.8GHz Celeron... that was a good three years ago. The card is capable of 4CIF@30fps on each camera, but I had to dial them back a lot to avoid dropped frames on that machine. Just make sure there's plenty of RAM and if possible, use separate drives for system and video.