rocketpig

Question about setting up a camera system

I've been trying to find the best way to do this all morning but I'm not getting enough information to pull the trigger on ordering the equipment yet.

I'm the IT guy for a restaurant (but don't have a lot of experience in advanced CCTV stuff, just the basics I've set up before). What the owner is looking for is a high def camera pointed toward the band stage (I'm figuring 720p) that will do two things:

1. Transmit a signal to five televisions, the farthest away being ~125 ft. that will show the band playing in other rooms of the bar/restaurant.

2. In the future, we'd like to find uses for this video stream online so the signal should also go to our camera system, which is plenty powerful with a Xeon chip and 4 gigs of RAM.

I'm looking through converter boxes and loads of cameras but can't decide which method of transmission would be both somewhat economical and reliable to operate. Any advice is really appreciated.

No one has any advice on this? Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to create a system that will allow one camera's signal to both be displayed in-house on a television(s) and sent to a computer for storage and possible streaming down the road. The trick is that I don't want the computer's monitor to be displayed on the televisions, just the feed from the camera.

No one has any advice on this? Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to create a system that will allow one camera's signal to both be displayed in-house on a television(s) and sent to a computer for storage and possible streaming down the road. The trick is that I don't want the computer's monitor to be displayed on the televisions, just the feed from the camera.

Hi rocketpig. the simple way would be to use a sanyo HD. this will give you all the options you need plus full HD on your monitors. the only other part you need is HDMI expander to feed each of your monitors.

VCC-HD4000P.

Great! That is exactly what I'm looking for! A few converter boxes to avoid long HDMI cables and that should do the trick nicely (though my boss won't care for the pricetag but at this point, I don't give a damn about that).

Thanks again!

As mentioned, use an HD camera designed for surveillance. Most consumer HD cameras are not designed to be on 24/7... They like to shut themselves off after a while.

The problem is there's no cheap and easy way to distribute HD video...

If the TVs already have integrated tuners, a device that could modulate an HDMI signal over coax would be the easiest way to go. This device allows you to create your own HD channel, using existing cabling and equipment. Look at ZeeVee.com

If the TVs are just monitors, another option would be to convert the HDMI signal from the camera to VGA and use StarTech's VGA over UTP adapters/ distributors. Check out StarTech.com