hybrid

VMS or NVR for Grandstream / US Distributor for Digifort?

Hello All!

This is my first post! I am the in-house IT/security guy for a self storage company and am working on a system for a new facility. The new system is going to be fully IP and consist of 20-32 Grandstream IP cameras, 5 PoE switches, a NVR server, and a video workstation for the front desk. I am pretty excited about this system as it is the first IP system I will be installing, right now it is in the latter stages of planning.

I have been playing with the GXV3601 and am very happy with it. I have been using the free Gsurf VMS software that Grandstream offers for free, and am pretty unimpressed with it. I've looked at numerous other Video management systems and almost all of them are not compatible with Grandstream cameras. The Gsurf VMS would be fine for backend recording except, I need to run at least two HD tv's from the video workstation at the front desk. Gsurf is not very user friendly and it is not very pleasing to the eye, especially if its going to be spread across two large monitors.

I have tested Digifort and think that is exactly what I am looking for as it allows running a workstation with multiple monitors and is compatible with Grandstream products, but I cannot get in contact with their company. (They have no one in the US, I sent an email to a distributor in New Zealand, but never heard back)

Does anyone know of any other VMS software that is compatible with Grandstream products or a distributor in the US for Digifort?

That is the problem going with little known ip camera manufactures, you will lack tech support and VMS integration.

I have never used greadstream cameras (not saying that they are bad) but I also don't hear my dealer/installer friends talking about them. Just because it is IP and megapixel doesn't mean it is any good.

Milestone has the broadest supported hardware and most well know VMS with a list of over 80 different camera manufatures and Grandstream is not one of them.

Take a look at Axis, Arecont, Acti, Sanyo, Sony, and IQI. They all work with the best NVR software and are proven reliable products.

Hi Hybrid

I'll make contact with Digifort on your behalf and direct one of their sales guys towards your post here so they can get in touch with you.

From using the GXV3601, you'll have realised that it presents unrivalled image quality and features whilst maintaining a very competitive pricepoint.

It's a shame that GSurf won't do all that you require from it, but this is why third party software products exist, the manufacturer's own free bundled software cannot always 'tick all the boxes' you need.

If you did want to use a different VMS, our latest ONVIF firmware is supported by Milestone and there are other VMS vendors with which Grandstream IPNCs are compatible.

Dear Hybrid

Sorry for the late reply, I didn´t know about this forum and Jorge Otero from Grandstream just contacted me about your issue

First of all, thanks for testing our software, I hope it can fullfill all your needs

We have several distributors around the world that can help you, and I´m really sorry that our distributor in New Zealand didn´t contact you, may I know which e-mail did you try?

What is your location?

My e-mail is eric at digifort dot com dot br

Please, send me a message and I will do my best to help you

Best Regards