thewireguys

identify this camera

I thought the same at first .. but this one looks a little different.

note how the lens is pushed forward away from the IR LEDs, looks like its in its own little weatherproof compartment, the chip has to be close behind it. Imagine that is done in this case to prevent both bugs and ir reflection over the lens itself, and get the sunshield out of the way with a wide angle? I havent seen this type before .. perhaps our chinese friends here could help on this one!

Im searching alibaba for it now .. amazing the amount of DUAL CCD cameras coming from the china mainland now .. geez its like dozens of different looking ones ..

When I got to the job site and I first looked and the camera it looked like the installer glued a lens on the front but it looks like lens is designed like that to keep the IR from reflecting on the image. I image from the camera is.... not so good

I feel bad for the customer because this is a new install and the company they hired had no clue what they where doing and charged them though the nose for it. Now I get to fix it and charge them again.

the image is that bad??

flathead screws ouch .. and whats with that cable and plastic wire conduit? was that done to hide a splice?

how is the night image?

Looks like your basic Chinese cheapie.... Hoo Flung Dung or something.

I have to agree with that, just some chinese camera, you could stick any brand name on it. I have actually seen some cameras like this, never liked them, but chinese sometimes make weird designs that will go nowhere. I think the point on this design is just so the camera can have a fixed CS lens that can be easily replaced without taking apart all the camera, but it is ugly as hell.

Yes, this kind of camera is made in China. The feature is that the lens is outside of the camera housing. But it seems the technic is not very mature. So not many facotries produce this camera.

But it seems the technic is not very mature.

Ok what does that mean? Technician or Installer is not that good?