Hi, I bought a Teachwell 6805A pci card, managed to install the software and after a bit of reading about grounding managed to get the rolling lines banished, however when it comes to setting the motion detection it only really seems to work when there is motion in the center of the view field and not on the peripheral (which is what i need) as the grid blocks suggest. Also it says that the acuity is more sensitive the higher the number but it seems to be the other way around. Another thing is that when you set it to record 10 seconds before motion starts and after it finishes, it seems to just record the motion event without the before and after. Is this normal, am i expecting too much, or should i try to reinstall it? Also should it be installed in a separate partition? (think i read that somewhere). Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Don't know about your motion issues, but there should be no issue installing the DVR software on the system drive. However, you DO want a separate partition - or ideally, a separate physical drive - for your data recording target.