Sign in to follow this  
ngwt82

Enquiries on AVTech AVC791A

Dear CCTV Elites,

I am intending to install a CCTV system in my small retail shop in Singapore. After some reading, I decide to purchase AVTech AVC791A from ebay. (http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/4CH-H-264-Standalone-Security-Network-DVR-CCTV-System-/370418176916?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Security_Equipment&hash=item563ea4d394)

It is cheaper to get from them with free shipping. However, I have a question.

I am enquiring on the USB backup function of the above mentioned AVC791A DVR. I understand that we are able to do backup through the USB port to USB devices like thumbdrive.

However, may I know what will the file format (*.avi, *.mpg) be if I backup using the USB options? Will I be able to select the file format to backup into the USB thumbdrive?

I am intending to backup the recorded CCTV footage daily and plug in into my DVD player or LCD TV with USB inputs.

Thanks

Aaron

Singapore

helo aaron

usb backup in avtech is have its own format and can only play using the player from avtech(in computer).

but you can convert it to avi/mpg from you computer of course after that can be play in dvd player

hi,

the DVR will make copy of player on the USB drive once you do the backup

AVC791A and KPD674 are the same unit you could not pay mor than 125.00 for it plus shipping but make sure you buy it from USA saller you do not want to buy your CCTV DVR from china what would you do when it stop working

best of luck