bantham1

Hybrid Solution for High res IP and CNB

I am thinking of adding 1 or 2 IP cams to my system. I have 4 CNB mona lisa cams which seem to be great in low light and decent during the day. Which recorder has the best processor to handle 2 3-5mp IP cams? I see avermedia has one, but it is only good for one high res camera. Probably do not need more than 8-16 camera setup as this is residential.

What's your budget range? Vigil will do what you want, but it's a bit on the pricier side compared to the standalones you're looking at.

I would look at Qnap or NUUO mini with encoders for your analog cameras. Exacq also as 8-16 channel analog and up to 24 IP camera hybrid DVRs.

Edited by Guest

What would be the approximate total cost for this conversion? I want to convert but want to go the best way for the price. I plan on adding slowly over the years but do not want to get a limited system (limited by megapixels). I do not have a powerful computer to hook it up to so I will have to have some external storage device. How about acti? do the have hybrid decoders?