GAtkins

Who Makes A Good Color Infrared Outdoor PTZ Camera?

Looking for suggestions for a camera of this type.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Glenn

extreme....be prepared to spend your money for it. why a ir ptz? let us know what your "looking at"....may help us help you?

No one .. your best bet is a good Day Night PTZ, Cyber Dome from GE or some Pelcos, or Panasonics, then use some Extreme CCTV Infrared. Extreme have special mounts etc, made specially for Pelco PTZs, so you may want to look down that avenue.

Personally im going to be using some Cyber Dome Day Night 25X pTZs with some UF500s, on a house here. Should be fun, if it ever comes around .. I may even look at the panos or pelcos .. depends what extreme recommends, need to look at the job a little closer .. I want ready made mounts, etc, so it may have to be Pelcos.

Thanks for all the replys.

Rory, which specific Pelco and would it work with the Speco DVR T4IP?

Thanks

Glenn

Pelco Spectra III cameras are very nice, I will be switching out the CyberDomes on my house this weekend with 6 new Spectras. Highly recommend them if the budget permits.

The regular III's or the SE series? Which specific one are you going to use. Any IR light to go along with it.? Are the III's or the SE's IR sensitive?

I think I want the SE Color/BW but I'm not sure.

Thanks again everyone.

Glenn

actually just checked the docs and they recommend the pelco motors for use with their housing kit and ir day night cameras with zoom lenses.

Ill email them to find out what PTZ Dome they reccomend.

Pelco Spectra III cameras are very nice, I will be switching out the CyberDomes on my house this weekend with 6 new Spectras. Highly recommend them if the budget permits.

These are real nice, but very $$$.

Yeah I love these cameras, we have an installation that used 67 of these (large Arena). Awesome picture quality.

Expensive yes. But I have to watch those Union guys doing work near my property to make sure they dont't steal anything (haha, gotcha Dataave).

Scottj